and one of them posted their pet
IPB Image
x_itchy_b_x
thats what filling my tank gets them? biggrin.gif
playr158
that just means you don't know what RRR means wink.gif

"Rich in Real estate Resources"
x_itchy_b_x
land that has oil.... tongue.gif ? bahh to you dan. always ruining my fun.
GriffGirl
so as OPEC continues to thwart oil production and gas keeps going up this week, just think...
m0dd3d1
Does anyone know anything about those plates? You want to talk about wasting money, look it up and read about it.

They have auctions for license plates; plates with reiteration of digits (ie 444 or 55555) or single digits (ie 1 or 3) are the most. CNN has something on it last week where someone bought the "5" plate for something like a few million for his Bentley or other high-priced car. It's just stupid money.
Supersprynt
Yeah I was watching an auction on TV for the lowest plates. I guess, the lowest plates are the best or the most respected.
lagos
That same guy works at my local dunkin donuts and looks at me funny when I don't put anything into the tip jar. /truth
playr158
unneeded racism...... /poortaste
lagos
QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 21, 2008 - 2:21 PM) [snapback]644097[/snapback]

unneeded racism...... /poortaste

Its not racism, its truth. You have to have a good chunk of change to buy a dunkin donuts franchise. Most of the people who own them come from very wealthy Indian families.
gone9420
unneeded racism....maybe if it wasnt true, but i think the poor taste award goes to anybody who would spend their money on a frickin liscence plate. does the F.B.I. know u got a pic of Osama the Lama?
lagos
QUOTE(gone9420 @ Feb 21, 2008 - 2:31 PM) [snapback]644099[/snapback]

does the F.B.I. know u got a pic of Osama the Lama?

^now thats racism.
gone9420
4 real though im not looking at it from a race stand point if it was south korean people who made all the money from us filling up all of our celica's i would cut up on them 2.
lagos
Here is a quote from the dunkin donuts franchise website on the kind of money needed to buy one.

FAQ

How much cash or liquid assets will I need?
Some markets require a minimum number of units developed. If you are investing in the development opportunity for five Dunkin' DonutsŪ restaurant franchises, the minimum liquidity required is $750K; your net worth must be at least $1.5 million depending on the markets in which you will operate.

playr158
way to twist your own words there Art. you were implying the guy who worked there and not owned.....
its impossible to keep a decent thread....and RRR isn't about license plates, lol
Rayme
must be nice
Celicav
QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 21, 2008 - 1:38 PM) [snapback]644135[/snapback]

way to twist your own words there Art. you were implying the guy who worked there and not owned.....
its impossible to keep a decent thread....and RRR isn't about license plates, lol

Then explain exactly what "RRR" is then? Some company that paints exotic cars orange and black? What is so cool about that? Looks like a status, trend thing going on here.

You obviously like flaunting pics of hot rides from the Middle East, it seems. Why is that? We are all aware that certain pockets of people in the Middle East are very wealthy, and it is stereotypically rooted from oil.

Not trying to be mean, but please explain your pics when you put them up, b/c the majority of us are not going to know the background on "RRR".
bslik
is it just me or does the rolls, the bently and the ferrari have the same plate number? or is this another thing im never going to understand about foriegn countries? kindasad.gif

btw i think i want a pet lion for my birthday biggrin.gif
hongkongnerdboy
i want a panda kindasad.gif
dabazied
Actually these are all cars owned by a Sheik in the Middle East. He has a pretty big collection, and this is only a small portion of his collection. Not exactly sure what the "RRR" is for but, I think "Rich in Real estate Resources", as playr158 said before pretty much sums it up.

He's up there very high in the status, so he gets what he wants...... even multiple lisence plates that are the same(couple of the ones with the same numbers have diff tags though, like the rolls has a rolls specific tag motif with the numbers, the others are just common plates for the territory)
bslik
QUOTE(dabazied @ Feb 22, 2008 - 12:05 AM) [snapback]644401[/snapback]

Actually these are all cars owned by a Sheik in the Middle East. He has a pretty big collection, and this is only a small portion of his collection. Not exactly sure what the "RRR" is for but, I think "Rich in Real estate Resources", as playr158 said before pretty much sums it up.

He's up there very high in the status, so he gets what he wants...... even multiple lisence plates that are the same(couple of the ones with the same numbers have diff tags though, like the rolls has a rolls specific tag motif with the numbers, the others are just common plates for the territory)

ooo so something like that most likely wouldnt work in the US mad.gif
dabazied
Most likely not lol..... whole different culture over there. Way different. Been a few times to visit family. Crazy stuff like that in every part of life there.
lagos
QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 21, 2008 - 3:38 PM) [snapback]644135[/snapback]

Dan, you posted a pic of a very rich Indian guy. I made a joke that, that same guy is probably the owner of my local Dunkin Donuts. The joke was that he is so wealthy, yet he pretends to be just a clerk working minimum wage, and looks at me funny when I don't throw my change in his tip jar.
The joke rings true because most Dunkin Donuts are owned by Indian families with a minimum net worth of 1.5million dollars, yet they leave tip jars out and pretend like they are just minimum wage workers.

Get it? Good... now lets move on.

This guy is clearly a baller. Props to him.
xs94st
i heard that the sultans/leader/kings have the number 1 on their license plate on all their cars..at least i read it in TopGear or some shiite like that..

nice cars, wish i had ze $$$ to be RRR
jdg371
I wish I had money to just paint my car like that. Looks sweet! hahaha.

BTW Bslik; your sig made me miss my camry =( hahaha 3GC FTW!
Daftboy
He is not Indian he is from the middle east making him not of Indian decent. lol.
lagos
QUOTE(Daftboy @ Feb 22, 2008 - 10:38 AM) [snapback]644521[/snapback]

He is not Indian he is from the middle east making him not of Indian decent. lol.

News flash..... India IS located in the Middle East, right next to Pakistan. smile.gif
jcaron9gt4
sorry, but although its right next to, India is not considered to be in the Middle East.
x_itchy_b_x
being politically correct is overate. stereotypes are still funny.
jcaron9gt4
lol x2
GriffGirl
Why hasn't anyone pointed out the sheer irony that the very region of the world that hates Westerners, particularly Americans, most for our capitalist ideals is the same origin of the cars in these pictures?

There's a much greater picture that I think has been missed here.

And yeah, btw it's true, India is NOT considered the Middle East. And no, the guy in that picture is not Indian. wink.gif
lagos
Why hasn't anyone pointed out the sheer irony that the very region of the world that hates Westerners, particularly Americans, most for our capitalist ideals is the same origin of the cars in these pictures?

I dont think they hate us for having bently's and mcdonalds. Its more of a problem with our governments policies and our military actions.
playr158
QUOTE(Celicav @ Feb 21, 2008 - 11:52 PM) [snapback]644385[/snapback]

QUOTE(playr158 @ Feb 21, 2008 - 1:38 PM) [snapback]644135[/snapback]

Then explain exactly what "RRR" is then? Some company that paints exotic cars orange and black? What is so cool about that? Looks like a status, trend thing going on here.

You obviously like flaunting pics of hot rides from the Middle East, it seems. Why is that? We are all aware that certain pockets of people in the Middle East are very wealthy, and it is stereotypically rooted from oil.

Not trying to be mean, but please explain your pics when you put them up, b/c the majority of us are not going to know the background on "RRR".

before opening your mouth, you should have read the 3rd post rolleyes.gif
dabazied

You are correct, capitalism and democracy is there, it's just only allowed within small groups of the already rich/powerful(to include their offspring)

And yeah, btw it's true, India is NOT considered the Middle East. And no, the guy in that picture is not Indian.

Right again and again.....

I dont think they hate us for having bently's and mcdonalds. Its more of a problem with our governments policies and our military actions.

There are many reasons and its mainly hatred that's sprouted from many many years ago, maybe not even directly to that country but middle easterners(usually) are a very close knit people with each other(no matter how much they talk about each other that are from other countries/regions)

Here's a question.... how many countries has the US sided against and actually followed through with military action against that had a mcdonalds in that country at the time? how bout a starbucks? this is all tied in with part of the bigger picture and the history and present in the region.
fastgt
QUOTE(hongkongnerdboy @ Feb 21, 2008 - 11:05 PM) [snapback]644397[/snapback]

i want a panda kindasad.gif

+1
Aus
I think India, Pakistan etc..are usually referred to as in the Asian sub-continent, not middle east... and the guy posing in that pic with the lion was viciously mauled by a pack of lions seconds after (lol, not really...but such a shame!).

Back on topic (Ironically in the off-topic section).. you think I could part-ex my GT4 for one of those cars? laugh.gif
Random_Stranger
I wish I had a lion for a pet! No fair! kindasad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.