Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where u motorcycle riders at?!
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
SlickRick
I am moving to Az this weekend and there is no helmet law out there i see guys and gals on bike rolling around with no lid. And i know i will always wear mine but it does seem tempting to try going around on my bike with out it once to see what its like.
808celica
uhhh i dont have a bike.........YET, but i know its stupid to ride w/o a helmet.

but if you have trust in yourself that you are a good rider then i guess you can go and not wear a lid.........

or you can do what my friend does......

he straps his lid on his spoiler thingy in the back. just in case it rains or he feels he needs it.
Jeunesse
well for me, a helmet is supposed to prevent your injuring your head from an accident that MIGHT happen. It's kinda like wearing the seatbelt no matter what. You never know when accidents happen. yea it might look cool but it sucks when you're in a coma coz you wanted to look cool.
playr158
wear a helmet (they have saved my life many a time).... /thread

those that don't wear a helmet = dumber part of society
jason
i find it enjoyable to cruise the country side with the open air feeling. on any major roads... you're an idiot if you dont the way people dont pay attention.
playr158
^just wait for a ground hog to run out at you...

JonMarkos
Eh, don't wear a helmet if you don't want to, let Darwin do his work.
jason
5 years and im still ok, its nice to CRUISE aka < 30mph. anything over or at night gets a helmet.

in my opinion, the beauty of the countryside in this area is well worth the risk, no blind corners, large shoulders for country roads, no traffic.

have yet to dump a bike off track either.
slvr_celica_GT_816
im buying a bike in april, not a rice burner but probaly a metric cruser, theres helmut laws in ma so id have to wear one but personlly if i didnt have to i woundnt
cjh4l22
wow don't be dumb or stubborn, just wear a helmet. bikes are dangerous enough. i'm working on a honda cbr600 now smile.gif
Digndoug
QUOTE(jason @ Feb 24, 2008 - 12:36 AM) [snapback]645096[/snapback]

5 years and im still ok, its nice to CRUISE aka < 30mph. anything over or at night gets a helmet.

in my opinion, the beauty of the countryside in this area is well worth the risk, no blind corners, large shoulders for country roads, no traffic.

have yet to dump a bike off track either.

lol reading this made me laugh. cause most wrecks/accidents occur under 30 mph.. its even in the bike test. lol

Not wearing a helmet is stupid.. I wouldn't dare go out on my bike without one
Rayme
ya know, people die riding a bicycle
playr158
people die on the toilet too!
Jeunesse
Is your toilet going 30mph while you **** on it?
jcbass7
I had a bike in high school. Its a law in my state, but even if it wasn't i would always wear a helmet. It only takes one accident to ruin everything.

I was more worried about the other idiots in their cages, than my own ability to handle a bike.
hitcachi
it doesnt matter how good of a rider you are, most of the time its not the riders fault when an accident occurs. Funny thing about accidents.... they happen too fast and you cant prevent them, so wear a damn helmet, dont be a moron. 90% of motorcycle riders think they are king sh*t and cocky as hell. Unfortunately when its car vs bike, or a little loose gravel here or there and your brains are all over the road, well your not so tough anymore.
Akimbo
Wear a helmet, no question dude. No matter how good of a rider you are, there's always something you don't expect, animals, potholes, loose gravel, OTHER DRIVERS especially...you just never know. Better safe than sorry. It might look 'cool' to ride without a helmet, but it'll look a whole lot less cool when your brains are smeared all over the street.
DEATH
QUOTE(JonMarkos @ Feb 24, 2008 - 12:16 AM) [snapback]645089[/snapback]

Eh, don't wear a helmet if you don't want to, let Darwin do his work.

laugh.gif what comedian was it that said "the world is becoming overcrowded with stupid people. And I'm not saying we should exterminate them - just take all the damn caution signs down and let survival of the fittest run it's course"? laugh.gif
Not a bad idea by half
GriffGirl
LOL!
I think George Carlin said that
BlackCelicaGT94
Wish I could say I was one but parents wont let me have one while im living at home. Oh and the fact that I would get cocky and do stupid sh*t keeps me from getting one
playr158
QUOTE(hitcachi @ Feb 25, 2008 - 3:58 PM) [snapback]645567[/snapback]

it doesnt matter how good of a rider you are, most of the time its not the riders fault when an accident occurs. Funny thing about accidents.... they happen too fast and you cant prevent them, so wear a damn helmet, dont be a moron. 90% of motorcycle riders think they are king sh*t and cocky as hell. Unfortunately when its car vs bike, or a little loose gravel here or there and your brains are all over the road, well your not so tough anymore.

car vs bike...so very classic, car came into my lane back in Sept. i was met by a concrete wall @ >50mph

IPB Image
IPB Image

mad.gif
NickJames
I ride...I live in Milwaukee, so I can't ride all year ::tear:: and I am truly feenin to ride, bad. I wear my helmet 99% of the time, its definitely a smart thing to do. But I ahve ridden w/o it and its awesome, not on the freeway tho, gettin hit in the face with a bug at 80 mph is NOT fun lemme tell ya!! lol but if I ride to the grocery store or to the gas station, I just throw on my rider glasses. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend wearing the lid 100% of the time, but I would be lying if I said that I do. None of us wanna hear about you on the news man!
Razgriz
please do wear a helmet! anywhere really. but if your coming to Arizona its better to just not ride your bike unfortunatley. We have some of the worst drivers in the country. 3 of the top 10 deadliest intersections in the U.S. and some of the highest motorcycle rider fatalities around... other than that its not all that bad here. hehe
SlickRick
QUOTE(cjh4l22 @ Feb 25, 2008 - 4:36 PM) [snapback]645481[/snapback]

wow don't be dumb or stubborn, just wear a helmet. bikes are dangerous enough. i'm working on a honda cbr600 now smile.gif

thats what i ride an 07
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.