Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squeaky Wiper Blades
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
3SGTE
This is driving me insane, i have heard soo many wee stories about, vinegar on the wipers, newspaper being rubbed on the windshield, wd40 (lubricant), washing up liquid (no no no) Buy expensive wipers, dont drive in the rain!!! lol

Any you guys got this problem??
I have bought new wipers not too long ago
Jeunesse
RAINX FTW
Rayme
the 6$ wipers I bought are pretty silent..

they're only noisy when theres some ice on them of the windshield is still cold / half wet
D-Man
QUOTE(Jeunesse @ Feb 25, 2008 - 11:51 AM) [snapback]645485[/snapback]

RAINX FTW

~X2 For RainX~
GriffGirl
Did you wash your car recently, and did the windshield get that spray-on car wash wax stuff? I've found sometimes my wiper blades squeak from that stuff.

Sometimes when my wiper blades squeak all it takes is just cleaning them off, wiping them down w/isopropyl alcohol.
bslik
ehhh let em squeek. just turn your music up loud so u cant hear em
rjbibeau
be a ricer and reduce the sound by half by taking off one wiper hahaha.
GriffGirl
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Feb 25, 2008 - 10:10 AM) [snapback]645510[/snapback]

lame.
D-Man
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Feb 25, 2008 - 1:10 PM) [snapback]645510[/snapback]

No way; a real ricer would drill holes in em and wrap em with foil so they squeek louder laugh.gif

RAINX; my friend; rainx wipers and the fluid that you add to your washer fluid. Rainx is the only way to go. Rainx.

(i should get paid by rainx for that last statement.)
DEATH
QUOTE(D-Man @ Feb 25, 2008 - 3:40 PM) [snapback]645558[/snapback]

QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Feb 25, 2008 - 1:10 PM) [snapback]645510[/snapback]

No way; a real ricer would drill holes in em and wrap em with foil so they squeek louder laugh.gif

RAINX; my friend; rainx wipers and the fluid that you add to your washer fluid. Rainx is the only way to go. Rainx.

(i should get paid by rainx for that last statement.)

yeah - only thing is the rainx wipers last about half as long as regular $3 wipers - I stopped using them because of this.
GriffGirl
Learn from those of us who live in the damn PNW amazon! LOL Rain-X goes on your windows (I guess, although I don't use it), gotta have teflon coated wiper blades, no wax on the windshield, and wipe the blades down occasionally, even w/a paper towel with windex on it or something.

45th Parallel FTW!!!
DEATH
Oh please - you don't know amazon until you spend some time in Houston.
D-Man
QUOTE(DEATH @ Feb 25, 2008 - 5:18 PM) [snapback]645635[/snapback]

Oh please - you don't know amazon until you spend some time in Houston.

x2

griff, untill you spend time in houston, you dont know the meaning of humidity or heat... I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt lastnight untill 1.30am outside, and still sweating.

And my gal has pics to prove it... (whats up with chicks and sweaty grease-monkey guys anyway?)

And you know i mean no offense G-girl, but whoa; it's true lol.
GriffGirl
I beg to differ... I grew up outside of DC (DC was LITERALLY built on a swamp!) and spend my teenage/early adult years in NYC before moving here. So don't challenge me on humidity! I've been through it, in fact it's one of the reasons I LEFT NYC!

Anyway we're talking about actual precipitation here, not swimming through the air. biggrin.gif
D-Man
QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Feb 25, 2008 - 5:24 PM) [snapback]645640[/snapback]

I beg to differ... I grew up outside of DC (DC was LITERALLY built on a swamp!) and spend my teenage/early adult years in NYC before moving here. So don't challenge me on humidity! I've been through it, in fact it's one of the reasons I LEFT NYC!

Anyway we're talking about actual precipitation here, not swimming through the air. biggrin.gif

oh; We are? lol. kidding kidding

BACK TO TOPIC!!

seems that the blades need to be cleaned (with some kind of chemical remover EX: alchol)
or
Blades need to be replaced

And the glass needs to be wiped clean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.