Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch for turbo
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
mikecelica
What are some good companies that sell inexpensive clutches? I need a stage 2, to handle about 200hp
Exedy is too expenisve and ACT.. anyone use some of the not too popular companies' clutches that are good? thanks
FunkySR
exedy is cheaper than ACT. ACT have very good perssure plates. with their discs, they charge per material.

I fit and sell Exedy to most of my tiburon customers and some mild toyota customers. The Nissan and Honda guys swear by ACT because of the silly power they are pushing.

Steff swears by her Exedy so if buget is your key, get exedy. Post the cheapest price you have seen and i'll see if i can do better.

Jason.
jdg371
Southbend Clutch.
mikecelica
i seen one on ebay a stage 2 exedy for $325.
I also checked out that South Bend site they've got stage 2 clutches for $250... it says 25% Torque increase. does that mean add 25% of 115 tq so basicaly that clutch can take 145tq? thanks
malpaso
IMHO if you put a lot of money to turbo kit it's worth having good clutch...
_mikeE
If you're willing to pay 250 for a stage2 southbend clutch, you might as well wait on it and pay approx 100 more and get urself a centrefoce dual friction clutch, southbend stage 2 provides 25% torque increase while the centreforce one (practically stage 3 since centreforce doesn't go by stages) provides like 90% i think. It's amazing, plus I have it on my vehicle as well.
Also, mikecelica, since you're in Ottawa, are you coming out to the Sherbrooke meet in August? Also, if interested, contact Valo666 (Bryan, i believe he has the centreforce clutch he can sell you.)
pittfirefighter
talk to dr tweak too. i'm getting a stage four off of him for a great price... he's a dealer of competition clutches
bccentaur3
QUOTE(jdg371 @ Feb 25, 2008 - 9:11 PM) [snapback]645788[/snapback]

Southbend Clutch.

I had the south bend on my 00 gts and hated it. Prior to the southbend I had the TRD stage 2 in there and that thing was amazing.
mikecelica
Found this on ebay. Will this fit the 7afe? It says its for a 00-04 celica gts but also other cars it would fit. Anyone know.?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/EXEDY-RACING-STAGE-2-CL...oQQcmdZViewItem
CelicaST_CALI
read the description

* 94-00 TOYOTA CELICA 1.8 7AFE/1ZZ-FE
* 00-05 TOYOTA CELICA GTS 1.8 1ZZ-FE/2ZZ-GE VVLT-1
* 93-97 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8 7A-FE
* 03-06 TOYOTA MATRIX 1.8 1ZZ-FE/2ZZ-GE
* 86-89 TOYOTA MR-2 1.6 4AGE
* 00-05 TOYOTA MR-S SPYDER 1.8 1ZZ-FE
* 03-06 SCION XA
* 03-06SCION XB
malpaso
QUOTE(mikecelica @ Feb 28, 2008 - 2:54 AM) [snapback]646780[/snapback]

Found this on ebay. Will this fit the 7afe? It says its for a 00-04 celica gts but also other cars it would fit. Anyone know.?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/EXEDY-RACING-STAGE-2-CL...oQQcmdZViewItem

I have exactly this one in my car wink.gif See this topic for more info smile.gif
celicaGT96
ok so i really dont know exactly..

whats with the stages? how do the higher stages perfrom over the lower?
mikecelica
basically the more HP/TQ you have the better a clutch you need that can handle that power and not slip. Each stage gives a certain amount of torque handling capability increase.
celicaGT96
QUOTE(mikecelica @ Feb 28, 2008 - 2:44 PM) [snapback]647146[/snapback]

basically the more HP/TQ you have the better a clutch you need that can handle that power and not slip. Each stage gives a certain amount of torque handling capability increase.

ok thats pretty much what i figured..

so when some of the members say theyre "scared" of the clutch is it cuz of how hard it grips between gears?

sorry not trying to jack the thread just trying to understand..
politicsareevil
ACT and EXEDY are two of my favs. I had a friend with an ACT on his integra and his WRX they hit hard and nice. But they can also be smoothe when you ease them out. I know have an ACT stage 2 on the 3s.

- Matt
elvasoshexai
i dunno about u... but i was able to find an ACT clutch kit w/ the stock disc for 260 for the 5sfe...

but i can't rmb where

but i ended up getting their kit w/ the performance street disc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.