Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Recruits
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Random_Stranger
Okay, so far at my college campus I have seen 2 very clean and stock celicas (Very clean! Like, it isn't just a car from point a to b, it is cherished). Another 1 that has slight damage (keep adding) but with an exhaust on it. 2 others in town that are a little fixed up. One has a invader kit and the other has a C-one. Makes a total of 5 that I could possibly hit up and leave maybe a 6gc.net flyer on their car or something. Has anyone actually did this though? Should I just do it? Because I don't think there is anyone in town that is on this site. It would be nice if there was. Also, I am afraid I am going to get some granny or something. I don't want to talk them to see if I should even bother. Eh, maybe I will just leave it on there. You never know. But seriously, have any of you did this?
speedfeen
thats how i have met almost every single one of my car friends, hitting them up in a parking lot, racing them, or seeing them sitting by their car....dont be a pussy wink.gif i would become friends then mention 6gc lol we could always use recruits
toyocelic
I think you should. Think of it this way.Remember how hard it was finding parts for your 6gc? turbos,engine swaps,experiences people had doing here own mods..and great mechanic knowledge from the 6gc owners etc etc. I have to say 9 out of 10 questions get answered, or the 6gc members directing you. who would know the answer..(+plus+) "6gc meets" biggrin.gif
Random_Stranger
Okay, I'll go for it then
Jeunesse
I actually keep copies of the flyer on both my wife's car and mine just in case I see a 6GC parked...
speedfeen
so in the end you do not have sand in your vagina

god i love south park laugh.gif
_mikeE
yeah there are a couple 6g's here in Windsor that I've been trying to get in contact with but never seem to get the chance or I can't find them. I don't thikn they're apart of 6gc.net
And the speedfeen, i wouldn't mention the term "racing" unless it's on a track or else you might get a warning or even worse banned since this is a site to not provoke any illegal racing. Just a tip wink.gif
speedfeen
racing here in the maritimes lol is not like street racing anywheres else

i say racing but its more like were playing with eachother on the road know what i mean?

its all good tho because eventually i will own a strip that has a dyno right there wink.gif

thanks mikeE
presure2
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47576
speedfeen
so you guys just print these off?

and put ur own email on there?
presure2
QUOTE(speedfeen @ Feb 27, 2008 - 5:47 PM) [snapback]646676[/snapback]

so you guys just print these off?

and put ur own email on there?

yes.
speedfeen
thanks ima print some off...
96bluevert
I got a question..why isn't is "screename:_____" at the bottom? There's email and aim, but no place for 6gc screename..not complaining, just curious
Random_Stranger
QUOTE(speedfeen @ Feb 27, 2008 - 7:58 PM) [snapback]646551[/snapback]

so in the end you do not have sand in your vagina

god i love south park laugh.gif

What's wrong with my MANgina? LOL laugh.gif

QUOTE(presure2 @ Feb 27, 2008 - 10:17 PM) [snapback]646659[/snapback]

Thanks Presure
Valo666
the screen name thing has been brought up b4, but never changed. I personaly have left alot of thouse flyers on 6gcs around toronto, but no one has joined...mostly because most of the people i drop em to are old. There was another flyer that was out there too that was funny, but i havent seen it around..ill see if i can find the link.

Edit: Found the link
Your Celica deserves better
toyocelic
with perission .i would like to make a new 6gc flyer...
SeverX13
Yea man do it...i keep several in my glove box and i take one to work just incase. one time a celi came thru on drive thru and i handed it to him... idk if he ever joined. haha i was behind one on the interstate once and i sped up and had my friend hand the guy one hahaha
Random_Stranger
LOL That's funny man. Hey guys, if you make some new flyers, can you post them in here? That way we have a variety and have them all in one place? Thanks. Because I need some.

Funny Flyer Valo

Speaking of Rice. I have this sig I am trying to post on here but I guess I can't. I resized it small enough (well kind of) but I can't get it on here. I thought it was pretty funny. Anyways, if anyone knows how to resize it (Yes foo, I have already used photobucket to resize it, still not working) to be of any use here, I would appreciate it thanks.
politicsareevil
QUOTE(speedfeen @ Feb 27, 2008 - 2:12 PM) [snapback]646558[/snapback]

racing here in the maritimes lol is not like street racing anywheres else

i say racing but its more like were playing with eachother on the road know what i mean?

its all good tho because eventually i will own a strip that has a dyno right there wink.gif

thanks mikeE

How come this thread isnt locked??? In the houston meet someone uttered street racing and presure2 locked us down. Yet here speedfeen says racing and yet presure2 does not lock? I'm not saying that you were wrong for locking our thread for something that could be bad for the site. I'm just saying whats good for one is good for all. Why were we locked but this was not? Oh well not my site I guess I dont get to make the rules and chose who to enforce them on...

- Matt
_mikeE
It's fine, she knows better now.
Give her a break, she just joined like merely weeks ago so she probably didn't know that until now. That's why I notified her not to mention the term racing and if so put the words "on the track" even if you didn't do so.
thespacepanda
QUOTE(_mikeE @ Feb 28, 2008 - 10:01 PM) [snapback]647268[/snapback]

Give her a break, she just joined like merely weeks ago so she probably didn't know that until now. That's why I notified her not to mention the term racing and if so put the words "on the track" even if you didn't do so.

Well it's a good thing that this site has some good mods like you. Otherwise there would be all kinds of prob-

Oh wait....
Random_Stranger
QUOTE(thespacepanda @ Feb 28, 2008 - 10:20 PM) [snapback]647277[/snapback]

QUOTE(_mikeE @ Feb 28, 2008 - 10:01 PM) [snapback]647268[/snapback]

Well it's a good thing that this site has some good mods like you. Otherwise there would be all kinds of prob-

Oh wait....

laugh.gif x2
politicsareevil
QUOTE(_mikeE @ Feb 28, 2008 - 4:01 PM) [snapback]647268[/snapback]

I feel you.. see though its like this.. it goes here with a warning dont talk about racing (on the street) but why couldnt you first get a pm with a warning to edit your post, or a mod delete your post or edit your post to not say anything about racing. We were simply trying to set up a meet for all us us houston guys to meet up. We were doing what this site was made to do.... UNITE celica lovers for the betterment of the generation of the car. I am not trying to piss off the mods and I definately dont want to be banned for voicing my opinion. I just want to say why punish the whole thread by locking it, when it happens to be one person whole broke the rules. I hate to see people get banned from places without warning. We all know not to talk about street racing, but come on.... cant we have the mods delete the post not the thread..... Thanks for listening, hope I dont get banned for free speech but if I do, you guys have been great. Keep the Celicas ALIVE......... and dont street race

- End Rant

- Matthew
politicsareevil
QUOTE(Random_Stranger @ Feb 27, 2008 - 1:18 PM) [snapback]646523[/snapback]

Okay, so far at my college campus I have seen 2 very clean and stock celicas (Very clean! Like, it isn't just a car from point a to b, it is cherished). Another 1 that has slight damage (keep adding) but with an exhaust on it. 2 others in town that are a little fixed up. One has a invader kit and the other has a C-one. Makes a total of 5 that I could possibly hit up and leave maybe a 6gc.net flyer on their car or something. Has anyone actually did this though? Should I just do it? Because I don't think there is anyone in town that is on this site. It would be nice if there was. Also, I am afraid I am going to get some granny or something. I don't want to talk them to see if I should even bother. Eh, maybe I will just leave it on there. You never know. But seriously, have any of you did this?

Also back on topic.... Its a great idea to talk to them. You never know who you'll meet. Ive been on here since 03'. Well a few months back I'm chillin in my drive way and I see this teal celica looks a lot like mine swing past my house. Then he comes back and pulls in the drive way... Im thinkin if it wasnt a 6th gen I'd mess this guy up. Well this nice dude comes walking out (chinaman727) telling me all about 6gc.net Given the fact that I've been on here for 5 years I already knew about it. Well we get to talking about them and such.. So I figured he seems nice I'll open my hood for him.. whats under my hood but a 3sgte looking all fine. Granted it wasnt running then but still... He met me and saw my car because he had the guts to stop into the driveway to a house whom he knew not the owner and we chatted for like an hour. Point of my story, give them a shout... they could have a tight swap or something.

- Matt
hongkongnerdboy
haha same guy came up to me once when i was changing something in the engine....

but he said he likes it but wont get it -_- so i kicked him out xD
thespacepanda
Kind of non-celica but I like this story just cuz of the face I got. A couple nights ago I was at a shell station and I saw a red 240sx with 19" rims and the hood up. I go over and its a younger guy and I look at him and he immediately got really nervous (I'm kind of intimidating, though I don't mean to be). I looked at the engine, recognized it as not being the stock ka24, looked at him and said, "nice sr20", and walked away. The look on his face was worth the whole night.
politicsareevil
when I worked for honda I told a lady with an old crv who wanted to sell it she would make more money selling the b20 head to some civic kid than she would to sell the car. She gave me a face somewhat like the one you describe.

- Matt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.