Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How awsome is this??
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Valo666
Back in Toronto, my family lives next door to a really funny old guy whos retired. He used to be a middle school pricipal for like 25 years or somethin like that. Any ways, he has 2 sons, one of them has some sort of mental condition and is a bit of shut in. Hes an absolute genious though. Like if he wasnt so anti-social because of this condition he has, he could be like...any thing. The guy is super super super smart. But his other son is the same way.

For maybe the last 3 or 4 years, hes been working for De Havilland designing aircrafts. He was bringing in big bucks from them. Like his last car he bought for his house here *has one in the UK aswell*, he wanted to buy a Porche, but couldnt find one he liked here. So he decided to fly over to Germany to go to Porche to custom build his 911.

Any ways, last time i was home, he was at his parents house visiting and we talked for a few minutes, I asked him if he was still working for De Havilland and he said "no, i left them about 3 months ago". To me that was a bit of a shock. He was making like 3/4 of a million every year working for them. So i asked him why he left. He said "Well, i found a job that relates to me a bit more, and they also offered me more $". So...that made me think even more. "who the hell would pay him more then 3/4 of a million a year? this jobs gotta be rediculous" So i finaly asked him.."...so...where did you get a job at??" He just looked at me and smiled and pointed to his Benz he was driving. So i said "Mercedes?" he shook his head and said "you know the new supercar they just made right?...the SLR McLuren?" so i shook my head yes..."well..im working for McLuren now."

bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif thumbsup.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif

So he got hired to work with McLuren's F1 team for the 2008/09 season. They ended up firing a few of their cheif designers, so they were looking for people in the areospace industry to help them with the designing of their cars for the new season. So when you see the new F1 cars next year...my next door neighbours son designed that thing.

SO next time hes home, im gonna ask him if he can get me a job working on the F1 team. Even if i get hired to work as a waterboy or the guy who gets the tools for the engineers workin on the cars...i would be in heaven.

But freakin cool is that eh?? He already told my dad hes gonna see if he can get me and him a autographed shirt by Hamilton. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
_mikeE
Holy freaking ****, that's insane.
Coolest world impacting story i have of a friend is that one of my close friends and did a co-op at this industry and was told to design new seat belt design/procedure to produce in the assembly line reducing the time to make a seat belt mechanism and such. therefore, they can make more seatbelts in less amount of time.
Now Mazda for sure is using that design (and soon the rest of the companies).
He got $25,000 for it and a crap load of scholarships. BTW, he was in grade 12 at the time. 18 year-old.
Supersprynt
Isn't most of the F1 racing overseas?
97lestyousay
The next great waterboy story... ends up driving F1. lol
Celicav
Cool story. And yeah, you need make sure you are his BEST friend now. But if you got ANY kind of job with an F1 team, you will be doing some serious traveling during the season.
Culpable04
QUOTE(Celicav @ Mar 2, 2008 - 11:36 PM) [snapback]648542[/snapback]

Cool story. And yeah, you need make sure you are his BEST friend now. But if you got ANY kind of job with an F1 team, you will be doing some serious traveling during the season.

I'm sure the guy has quite a few best friends by now, they come with the job
Valo666
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Mar 2, 2008 - 11:04 PM) [snapback]648533[/snapback]

Isn't most of the F1 racing overseas?

yea..hes living over in the UK now like, 85% of the time now. He only comes home maybe...once or twice every 3 months.

QUOTE(97lestyousay @ Mar 2, 2008 - 11:24 PM) [snapback]648538[/snapback]

The next great waterboy story... ends up driving F1. lol

Lets hope i become the next waterboy. and lets hope i become the next F1 driver...lol..that would be a bit of step up eh?...94 celica to F1 car..lol
fastgt
McLAren...cool....must be a smart guy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.