Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Website =)
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
tomazws
Just re-designed my website...

What do u guys think?

Link: http://www.uf3k.com/v8/
ZGear
Has a nice subtle flow, but haven't really seen the scroll bar interface in a long time.....web developers usually let the mouse scroll menus via if mouse was pointing to the top portion of screen or bottom portion, but it's nice. Nice portfolio I must say! Keep on working.
D-Man
QUOTE(tomazws @ Mar 4, 2008 - 3:05 AM) [snapback]648959[/snapback]

Just re-designed my website...

What do u guys think?

Link: http://www.uf3k.com/v8/

it's saying that your site is unavalible~
GriffGirl
I wanna see a flash scroll if you're gonna navigate that way - although I'm rather partial to thumbnails for the way you're doing the portfolio section. Also, the home page absolutely does not work for me at all... I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did. The homepage feels like a placeholder rather than a functioning portal to your site. Lastly, the triangle at the top right corner of the site feels too MySpace for me, but that's a matter of personal taste I think.

I like the color scheme and the "cleanness" of the site. I like the smooth flow of the flash portfolio displays, and the full-screen and clarity of those specific pieces as well.

Obviously these are just my opinions, but for whatever it's worth, I'm basing it on 14 years of experience as a designer. smile.gif
tomazws
QUOTE(ZGear @ Mar 3, 2008 - 11:10 PM) [snapback]648962[/snapback]

Has a nice subtle flow, but haven't really seen the scroll bar interface in a long time.....web developers usually let the mouse scroll menus via if mouse was pointing to the top portion of screen or bottom portion, but it's nice. Nice portfolio I must say! Keep on working.

Either I will have to find a way to make the mouse scroll working, or like you said go with the pointer position scroll method...

QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Mar 4, 2008 - 10:50 AM) [snapback]649082[/snapback]

I wanna see a flash scroll if you're gonna navigate that way - although I'm rather partial to thumbnails for the way you're doing the portfolio section. Also, the home page absolutely does not work for me at all... I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing did. The homepage feels like a placeholder rather than a functioning portal to your site. Lastly, the triangle at the top right corner of the site feels too MySpace for me, but that's a matter of personal taste I think.

I like the color scheme and the "cleanness" of the site. I like the smooth flow of the flash portfolio displays, and the full-screen and clarity of those specific pieces as well.

Obviously these are just my opinions, but for whatever it's worth, I'm basing it on 14 years of experience as a designer. smile.gif

I'm not sure why I decided to torture myself by make something I'm supposed to make in Flash, and made it with Javascript.

I totally agree with the homepage feels like a splash screen rather than informational, but I have a lag of content and not sure what to put on the index page... something I really need to figure it out.

Regarding the top right triangle, I dont have a MySpace account, if you get a chance could you snap me a screen shot?

I'm a developer trying to do designers' work as well, I'm gonna have ALOT learning to do =)
GriffGirl
In that case, it's an awesome start.

As for the myspace triangle, go to myspace.com and browse different profiles, eventually you'll see the little "get your myspace profile" stuff in the corner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.