Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Canadian Military
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
speedfeen
WELL

I am joining the Canadian Forces. I know there are alot of mixed oppinions about the force and well I have made the decision that i want to join. My whole side of my dads family has been in the forces, my great grandfather fought in the war. My grandpapa was a Major and my dad was a Corporal. I was in cadets and loved it.

I am just not sure what I am going to study and pursue for my career. I am in autobody so i may see if they have something similar to that, but I am interested in Weapons Tech or Ammunitions Tech. So many choices. Once I complete the testing they will tell me what division I am more suitable for and my decision will rest on what those results are, and my secondary eduction is going to help me too.

After that, I am off for basic training and posted somewheres, hopefully somewheres in Western Canada.

Feen
D-Man
QUOTE(speedfeen @ Mar 4, 2008 - 12:56 PM) [snapback]649036[/snapback]

WELL

I am joining the Canadian Forces. I know there are alot of mixed oppinions about the force and well I have made the decision that i want to join. My whole side of my dads family has been in the forces, my great grandfather fought in the war. My grandpapa was a Major and my dad was a Corporal. I was in cadets and loved it.

I am just not sure what I am going to study and pursue for my career. I am in autobody so i may see if they have something similar to that, but I am interested in Weapons Tech or Ammunitions Tech. So many choices. Once I complete the testing they will tell me what division I am more suitable for and my decision will rest on what those results are, and my secondary eduction is going to help me too.

After that, I am off for basic training and posted somewheres, hopefully somewheres in Western Canada.

Feen

Canada has a Military? I thought Canada was all providences and such... I'm not trying to be mean twards Canada, i just didnt know... Sorry, i live so far away i know nothing about it... I've never even seen snow... But Canadian Bacon rocks, i had some for breakfast this morning... biggrin.gif

Good for you then, the military is a fantastic thing that allows you to go to exotic places, meet new and exciting people, and then kill them. Blow things up, Defend things from being blown up, in 10 years when the US economy crashes, invade and take what you can laugh.gif

have fun with that, but while your away, Can i have your transmission, i'm really tired of auto and in desperate need of a swap. You wont be using it... it's cool right?
jcbass7
You should join the Canadian Coast Guard wink.gif

Good luck to you, my friend here was in the airforce before coming to the the coast guard academy and he did autobody on airplanes etc. I guess its not autobody then... but you get my point
speedfeen
no you cannot have my tranny lol

and i wanted to go into the army military, not naval or air force. But depends what job is available where, know what i mean. IF "auto body" is only done on the planes cause the vehicles go to local shops then i may go air force, but i want army, be on the ground and all that good stuff.
D-Man
COMMON, i'll put my auto in yours, i'll do all the work. Common, you dont need it. Your going to be "on the ground"... not in the car laugh.gif Common~ please... I'll give you a dollar...
speedfeen
Materials Technician

Overview

You must be a versatile and highly skilled person to become a Materials technician. Your main activities will be: Welding; Machining; Sheet metal work; Painting; and Working with textiles, fibreglass and composite.

What They Do

Materials Technicians belong to the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Branch of the Canadian Forces. The Materials Technician is a versatile, highly skilled person who is usually employed with a Maintenance Unit. The main activities of the Materials Technician are:

Welding;

Machining;

Sheet metal work;

Painting; and

Work with textiles, fibreglass and composite.

These skills are applied primarily in the maintenance and repair of land vehicles and related equipment, mostly in Army units but also in the Air Force and Navy.

Qualification Requirements

Materials Technicians must have good learning ability, spatial and form perception, hand-eye co-ordination and manual dexterity, and sufficient physical strength to handle heavy components, stock and tools. They must possess mechanical aptitude, enjoy working with machines, and be able to follow specific instructions, and produce detailed work completed to a high standard of accuracy.

thats the one biggrin.gif
D-Man
$2.00!?
axelrduvirage
D-Man, you're kidding right?!?!?!?

Feen, what a selfless thing to do. Congratulations on deciding to serve your country as well as universal peace and freedom. Sacrifice is so rare in today's society. I have nothing but the greatest admiration and respect for those who have and are serving in the armed forces.
D-Man

...(it would be a selfless act to give me a manuel transmision for 2 bucks)...

OKAY OKAY; i'll stop... I'll go "vulture" someone else's car...

But good job feen; best of luck to you!

(can you send me some of your delicious bacon atleast?)
GriffGirl
QUOTE(D-Man @ Mar 4, 2008 - 9:18 AM) [snapback]649052[/snapback]
COMMON, i'll put my auto in yours, i'll do all the work. Common, you dont need it. Your going to be "on the ground"... not in the car laugh.gif Common~ please... I'll give you a dollar...

for the best tipper in town you sure are a cheap bastard laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
D-Man
QUOTE(GriffGirl @ Mar 4, 2008 - 2:42 PM) [snapback]649077[/snapback]

QUOTE(D-Man @ Mar 4, 2008 - 9:18 AM) [snapback]649052[/snapback]

for the best tipper in town you sure are a cheap bastard laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I never said i wouldn't get her d-runk too... If you hang out with me, that's kind of a given~ Ask anyone that's hung out with me! They'll tell ya!! laugh.gif
fastgt
canada has a military?
axelrduvirage
QUOTE(fastgt @ Mar 4, 2008 - 4:03 PM) [snapback]649108[/snapback]
canada has a military?

stop. please?
speedfeen
QUOTE(axelrduvirage @ Mar 4, 2008 - 12:50 PM) [snapback]649065[/snapback]

D-Man, you're kidding right?!?!?!?

Feen, what a selfless thing to do. Congratulations on deciding to serve your country as well as universal peace and freedom. Sacrifice is so rare in today's society. I have nothing but the greatest admiration and respect for those who have and are serving in the armed forces.

you mean OUR country hahah neighbour
fastgt
QUOTE(axelrduvirage @ Mar 4, 2008 - 2:05 PM) [snapback]649110[/snapback]

QUOTE(fastgt @ Mar 4, 2008 - 4:03 PM) [snapback]649108[/snapback]
canada has a military?

stop. please?

sense of humor....got one?
D-Man
hey fastgt;

axelrduvirage is just askin nice. I didnt relize they had a military either, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to bash someones country just because we're ignorant to the fact that they have one. That kinda makes us the stupid ones~
fastgt
[size=1]
QUOTE(D-Man @ Mar 4, 2008 - 3:01 PM) [snapback]649144[/snapback]

hey fastgt;

axelrduvirage is just askin nice. I didnt relize they had a military either, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to bash someones country just because we're ignorant to the fact that they have one. That kinda makes us the stupid ones~

wow the sense of humor around here has gone out the window...

it was a joke....canada is know for being one of the most neutral countries in the world...they dont start **** unlike our "great" country....thats why saying i made the joke...

oh hell nvm...people are too uptight these days

also please dont compare me to you....we are not alike
speedfeen
LMAO ^^ Boys boys!

so you need 3 choices when your application is put in....

i got 5

Materials Tech (for sure my first choice)

But then I got,

Intelligence Ops, Ammo Tech, Military Police, & vehicle tech

i have to pick my fave 3 :S
D-Man

it was a joke....canada is know for being one of the most neutral countries in the world...they dont start ****

lol, "our Great country" that's why i made the joke first. We all heard it, we all laughed.

where is your sense of humor now? laugh.gif

people are too uptight these days

x2

I'm glad to see that we agree!! tongue.gif
DEATH
QUOTE(fastgt @ Mar 4, 2008 - 4:06 PM) [snapback]649148[/snapback]

Talk about uptight - that was pretty fcukin unnecessary
speedfeen
your not helping my case in my decision making!! biggrin.gif

anyone have any ideas of what i mentioned about for my 5 options? In your own oppinions?
DEATH
QUOTE(speedfeen @ Mar 4, 2008 - 4:35 PM) [snapback]649164[/snapback]

anyone have any ideas of what i mentioned about for my 5 options? In your own oppinions?

Sorry.
Sounds like the vehicle tech one would be good for you. Intelligence - good luck on that one.
D-Man
QUOTE(speedfeen @ Mar 4, 2008 - 5:35 PM) [snapback]649164[/snapback]

i say you go with that first one that your all excited about. Material tech.

If thats what you wanna do then you go do it. You dont wanna get stuck doing something that you hate, and if you have an opportunity to do what you love for a living and receive class A training for the rest of your life, than freakin do it!! anyone else with a job (be it C.E.O. or a Fry-Boy at McD's) will agree with me on that.
speedfeen
im just worried tho because that area is nto in demand right now and if they say well im sorry you cannot do that i need to pick something else. And thats what I am nervous about...i know we alwasy want to get what we want, but thats not always reality. So i want to be able to choose my other choices wisely, but thats going to take some time...lol

and not many ppl think that just because you loved the training part of the trade, that you will also love the actual job cause sometimes its the exact opposite!

if i get the materials tech i move to brandon ontario for a year for training
fastgt
QUOTE(DEATH @ Mar 4, 2008 - 3:27 PM) [snapback]649160[/snapback]

dont like being compared to other people...its not being uptight its be independent
Rayme
MY cousin is an aeronautical mechanic (repair/maintain jet engines)..

Maybe this would be a field you like? Kinda mechanic related..

Oh yea and he's doing pretty good $$ too smile.gif

What's nice with that is if you want to leave the army you can get job offers in most airports.
D-Man
QUOTE(fastgt @ Mar 4, 2008 - 5:56 PM) [snapback]649179[/snapback]

QUOTE(DEATH @ Mar 4, 2008 - 3:27 PM) [snapback]649160[/snapback]

dont like being compared to other people...its not being uptight its be independent

wow, are you still going on about that?

its be independent

do it now then; laugh.gif go and be independent.
You don't have to keep cracking on people.

And now for this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammar
presure2
well, since noone seems to know how to use the report this post button, ill just close the thread.
it easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.