Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: axle problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
my96celica
my driver side axle will not go on all the way I have taken my car to a shop and they couldnt get it on any ideas on how to put in on I have not worked in like two weeks cause of this axle not going on all the way
Hanyo
is it the correct axle? Do you have your old one to compare the two?
x_itchy_b_x
your not hitting it with a sledge hammer hard enough.
I am in no way responsible for my comments biggrin.gif
FreddyTheOthaMeat
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/bgb...afts%202.2L.pdf ?
bccentaur3
I just kept twisting and pushing at the same time. Be patient, you'll get it.
my96celica
QUOTE(bccentaur3 @ Mar 6, 2008 - 1:18 PM) [snapback]649879[/snapback]

I just kept twisting and pushing at the same time. Be patient, you'll get it.

Midas said they could'nt get it back in so what would that be?
bccentaur3
Isn't there suppose to be a lock ring on the axle? Maybe they aren't doing it right. Thats why I never take my car to a shop. I do eveyrthing myself. They sould be able to twist and push it in. They will be able to hear a pop the most relieving sound ever btw. That means its in.
lagos
make sure the lock ring is facing down, side it it and align the splines, then use a big flathead screw driver and a hammer to gently tap it in from each of the 3 sides.
rjbibeau
the angel clip should be giving you more problems when you take the axle out...not when your trying to put it in.... doesn't Midas do exhausts....... haha make sure it's the right axle sometimes the axles get swapped from box to box.
lagos
QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Mar 6, 2008 - 7:59 PM) [snapback]650054[/snapback]

that snap ring is called angel clip but doesn't Midas do exhausts....... haha make sure it's the right axle sometimes the axles get swapped from box to box.

Excellent point. I dont know how many times they gave me the wrong axle in the box.
my96celica
QUOTE(lagos @ Mar 6, 2008 - 8:00 PM) [snapback]650056[/snapback]

QUOTE(rjbibeau @ Mar 6, 2008 - 7:59 PM) [snapback]650054[/snapback]

that snap ring is called angel clip but doesn't Midas do exhausts....... haha make sure it's the right axle sometimes the axles get swapped from box to box.

Excellent point. I dont know how many times they gave me the wrong axle in the box.

I took it up to an axle shop today and they got the axle in but there was like a half inch of play so the axle works it way out and it leaks.What could cause the axle to slide out when pressure is on it?Seals are fine.I've spent two weeks on this im done if anyone wants to buy let me know
bccentaur3
Maybe they broke the lock ring. I honestly think you got the wrong axles. Shorter ones maybe, thats why its sliding out. Hold on you're selling the celica?
rjbibeau
the snap ring either came off or you definitely have the wrong axle.
my96celica
The axle was the one in the car I never changed them and the axle go's up and down like a hlaf inch.
The ring is also good they axle shop said that it might be the tranny.Yes im selling it, I'll let it go for like 2800 I still owe 250.00 on it but I cant pay to fix it Im a pizza man so I cant make money to pay it off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.