Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what could have happened to me.......
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
daazndood
hey guys. i've had my liscense for a bit over 2 years now and i have never had trouble with the law before. today was the first time i was ever pulled over. i was caught doing 100mph.

the officer yelled at me a bit and i told him i was really sorry and just in a bit of a hurry to get home to my parents since i was on spring break. after a little bit of more yelling he told me he would take my car next time it happened and then told me to get lost.

thats right. i was caught doing 100 on the freeway by a police officer and he let me go with no consequences at all. i was shocked just as much as i was thankful to buddha.

but i couldnt help to wonder what could have happened to me. this officer could have easily slapped me with a speeding ticket or something but he chose to do nothing at all.

so what was the worst that could have happened to me if i had a cop that chose to punish me?
808celica
well here in hawaii if you're caught doubling the speed limit you can go to jail, have your car taken away, and slapped with a huge fine.

edit: lucky you when i first got caught the cop was a dick. no first warning nothing. cuz im young and in a black sports car. ****** prejudice cops we get here.
Random_Stranger
QUOTE(daazndood @ Mar 10, 2008 - 7:14 AM) [snapback]651280[/snapback]

hey guys. i've had my liscense for a bit over 2 years now and i have never had trouble with the law before. today was the first time i was ever pulled over. i was caught doing 100mph.

the officer yelled at me a bit and i told him i was really sorry and just in a bit of a hurry to get home to my parents since i was on spring break. after a little bit of more yelling he told me he would take my car next time it happened and then told me to get lost.

thats right. i was caught doing 100 on the freeway by a police officer and he let me go with no consequences at all. i was shocked just as much as i was thankful to buddha.

but i couldnt help to wonder what could have happened to me. this officer could have easily slapped me with a speeding ticket or something but he chose to do nothing at all.

so what was the worst that could have happened to me if i had a cop that chose to punish me?

Well, 100MPH is considered a very dangerous speed. Usually anything beyond 80MPH. So I am guessing you are probably under 18, because usually the police let minors go, due to all the paper work that is involved. I peeled out in a parking lot once, (granted it was right in front of police and just walked out of a bar, I was not drunk though) and they put 2 points on my dmv record *Was not drinking, was not racing* plus i had to pay $250 after having some money knocked off from $540.00 So obey the law man, otherwise you will get ****ed by the long **** of the law.
xs94st
i have yet to meet a nice cop.

you are lucky, my friend.
daazndood
QUOTE(Random_Stranger @ Mar 10, 2008 - 2:57 AM) [snapback]651286[/snapback]

QUOTE(daazndood @ Mar 10, 2008 - 7:14 AM) [snapback]651280[/snapback]

Well, 100MPH is considered a very dangerous speed. Usually anything beyond 80MPH. So I am guessing you are probably under 18, because usually the police let minors go, due to all the paper work that is involved. I peeled out in a parking lot once, (granted it was right in front of police and just walked out of a bar, I was not drunk though) and they put 2 points on my dmv record *Was not drinking, was not racing* plus i had to pay $250 after having some money knocked off from $540.00 So obey the law man, otherwise you will get ****ed by the long **** of the law.

hey. im actually 20 but i look 15.

i have a very different perspective now. i could have lost everything. my license, my car, my clean insurance record.

im very thankful for getting that cop. he could have easily punished the **** out of me.

i drove 70mph the rest of teh way home
malpaso
Just FYI... According to law in my country (so really for you just FYI) what would happen:

speed 100MPH ~ 160KMPH.
highway (allowed max 80MPH ~ 130KMPH) : $140 ticket
common road (allowed max 55MPH ~ 90KMPH) : $280 ticket and loosing driving license for 6-12month

Random_Stranger
Yeah, and I am not saying it is ok to speend (Many accidents aren't accidents at all, it is just some dumbass who put their needs before the risks that involved innocent people), although if you must or whatever.... usually 5-10mph over the speed limit can keep cops off of you. Usually though. I do it sometimes when everyone else slows down because there are cops. I feel if you drive like normal around the cops, you look less guilty. laugh.gif
daazndood
QUOTE(malpaso @ Mar 10, 2008 - 6:24 AM) [snapback]651316[/snapback]

Just FYI... According to law in my country (so really for you just FYI) what would happen:

speed 100MPH ~ 160KMPH.
highway (allowed max 80MPH ~ 130KMPH) : $140 ticket
common road (allowed max 55MPH ~ 90KMPH) : $280 ticket and loosing driving license for 6-12month

wow you only get fined 140 dollars? thats pretty cool
D-Man
Here in texas, anything over 25MPH past limit COULD land you unintentional "manslaughter"... Witch is pretty gay, but alot of people get ran over in texas kindasad.gif
speedfeen
WOW

we must got some nice cops over here or just lazy ones

i love to f*ck around with the cops lol. Ill do a burn once they turn away or ill do their speed on the highway which is always 20+ over, although they have no lights on. I wave at them, i blare my tunes with them around and i always push the limit of speeding...

although there are some spot i purposely go like 140km cause they cant get you cause they gotta turn around and by that time its been like 5 minutes that your out of their vision so the cops dont even bother.

NOT ONCE have a i gotten a ticket. Got pulled over plenty of times...but no ticket! Thats why i dont want to move from here its great!
Legit94GT
hey. im actually 20 but i look 15.

Ya i feel ya there, i get carded to buy rifle ammo and to get into R movies... its ridiculous, but it works to our advantage sometimes...

I got pulled over doing 15mph, 17mph, and 23mph(in a 25 mind you) over the speed limit and each time i got pulled over the cop started off yelling at me then he'd ask me why on earth i need to be driving so fast so i told him... Well my girlfriends parents are out of town and i just got off work and i am on my way over to spend our first night together... smile.gif works everytime when you look young enough for it:)

Current score, me 9... cops 1

you got lucky you got a nice cop, just watch out for motorcycle cops and female cops(not trying to hate, but when a female cops sees a young guy speed we are toast, always)
jdg371
Your are a lucky guy, he could have thrown Reckless Driving, Endangerment, and a few other tickets on your way. I've only been pulled over once. thank god. and he was a nice cop, he said that "not everyone can react as fast as you, also nice plates" haha. He gave me a warning.
Supersprynt
QUOTE(xs94st @ Mar 10, 2008 - 4:05 AM) [snapback]651292[/snapback]

That's because you probably only meet them when they're on the job. Cops aren't bad people any more than doctors or firefighters are.
Razgriz
wow you got lucky, last ticket i got i was doing 72 in 50mph surface street and the motorcycle cop pulled me over and of course gave me the shpeel on I could have easily killed someone or wouldn't have been able avoid a collision etc. well i got like a $360 ticket for 'traveling at speed not prudent to avoid collision' it was ok in the end.
im not trying to justify my speeding but the road i was on nobody drives under 60mph and and its like 4 lanes wide with a median in the center going straight for like 2 miles. it feels like your on the freeway and its easy to not pay attention to your speed. all in all the cop wasn't a dick and i wasn't a jack@ss to him so it went well.
D-Man
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Mar 10, 2008 - 11:00 AM) [snapback]651373[/snapback]

QUOTE(xs94st @ Mar 10, 2008 - 4:05 AM) [snapback]651292[/snapback]

That's because you probably only meet them when they're on the job. Cops aren't bad people any more than doctors or firefighters are.

Sorry supersprynt, but in my opinion (bassed on what i've seen; so this isnt absolute or all inclusive) Doctors are "know it all" pricks and fire-cheifs are grumpy old men that drink coffe all night talking about how bad@ss they are; knowing full well they cant even lift their own 'depends' to throw in the trash...

I also dont much care for the police either, but it's true that a cop has to be an A-hole; otherwise he's likely to be killed on the job.

But an A-hole is an A-hole...

I'm a walking contradiction, i know...
Supersprynt
Well my grandfather, a friend of mine, a second friend's father, a 3rd friend's father & brother in law, and my g/f's step-father are all or once were cops and they are all nice guys.
D-Man
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Mar 10, 2008 - 12:16 PM) [snapback]651402[/snapback]

Well my grandfather, a friend of mine, a second friend's father, a 3rd friend's father & brother in law, and my g/f's step-father are all or once were cops and they are all nice guys.

Right on, i bet they were.

It's really relative too, If your bro in law pulled you over; lol, he'd probably make fun of you before giving you a ticket. (if he's anything like my brother in law; lol)

But a random officer who's having a crap-tastic day isn't going to smile... No, that's why they make night sticks... and those things really hurt... frown.gif
Akira_g4
Damn lucky ass. I also got my first ticket after having a clean record for 2 years he got me for rolling through a stop sign. For about a year I've been driving through the same street and this ONE time he just happens to be sitting there as I rolled through. I have yet to see how much the ticket is frown.gif
GriffGirl
not to be like the forum mom or anything, but has it occurred to anyone that when you get off with warnings and smaller tickets or whatever, that you're lucky that you even got off with your life? There's no reason to be driving 100 miles an hour. That's it, end of story. No reason. If I was a cop I'd probably be a jerk to some punk-ass doing 100 too.

Otherwise I'm w/Supersprynt. Cops can be just as power-tripping as anyone else. I've never had any kind of real problem with any cops. If you're nice to them and show them just how very compliant you want to be (i.e. you're not a threat to their own personal safety) cops are more likely to not be jerks.
creis
consider yourself very very lucky, and drive the speedlimit from now on.

little over a year ago I was pulling out of a fast food parkinglot into a bigger parking lot in my g/f lifted jeep on my way to the main road (stip mall like complex with devided parking lots) anyway I was not very use to her jeep or cluch and dropped it a bit early and since it was late at night just after a considerable rain fall it was far slicker then it looked, anyway the back end broke lose and it spun around about 30 degress nothing major I stopped it right away and then drove off. right when I pulled onto the main road 3 cop cars jumped behind me and lit up the lights, I was pulled from the car told I was going to jail and when I asked what for they just laughed and said what do you think. they tossed me in back of the cop car cuffed and grilled me on what I was doing how much i drank etc. witch of corse I said the truth, I dont drink was was leaving after getting some food said it was an accident I spun and I was cautions and stopped the car as soon as I could etc. they just kept grilling for me to confes to something which I never did, anyway they let me go with a court date for recless driving which my lawyer for the cost of 2k dropped to neg driving of the 2nd degree and a $540 fine.

consider yourself very very lucky and learn from it. some people don't get a 2nd chance even if the was complete bs as in my case.
daazndood
QUOTE(creis @ Mar 11, 2008 - 3:52 AM) [snapback]651854[/snapback]

consider yourself very very lucky, and drive the speedlimit from now on.

little over a year ago I was pulling out of a fast food parkinglot into a bigger parking lot in my g/f lifted jeep on my way to the main road (stip mall like complex with devided parking lots) anyway I was not very use to her jeep or cluch and dropped it a bit early and since it was late at night just after a considerable rain fall it was far slicker then it looked, anyway the back end broke lose and it spun around about 30 degress nothing major I stopped it right away and then drove off. right when I pulled onto the main road 3 cop cars jumped behind me and lit up the lights, I was pulled from the car told I was going to jail and when I asked what for they just laughed and said what do you think. they tossed me in back of the cop car cuffed and grilled me on what I was doing how much i drank etc. witch of corse I said the truth, I dont drink was was leaving after getting some food said it was an accident I spun and I was cautions and stopped the car as soon as I could etc. they just kept grilling for me to confes to something which I never did, anyway they let me go with a court date for recless driving which my lawyer for the cost of 2k dropped to neg driving of the 2nd degree and a $540 fine.

consider yourself very very lucky and learn from it. some people don't get a 2nd chance even if the was complete bs as in my case.

yeah man. its crazy how i could have easily lost everything if he had just simply changed his mind.

im never going to speed on the freeway again. i dont care if i can get there 20 minutes earlier the risk is just not worth it.
speedfeen
i may be stupid still, but its really weird how authority changes between countries, to provinces to even cities. Here the cops are slack and arent that rough but you better watch out for the cops in Rothesay (20 minutes away), they will pull you over if you painted your car and its not the same on the registration. But no wheres even in Northern Ontario where they pulled over a buddy of mine for speeding 30 over the speed limit (highways are 90 there and when the highway is normally posted 110 we go 120, didnt realize that it was diff), and gave them a ticket without warning, are the cops hard on you as some of the stories I have heard here. I keep telling myself I hate the sj but man the cops are so much lighter here...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.