Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Leak Question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Lexicon_Devil
94 GT is leaking oil.
She only leaks when the engine is running. Otherwise, leak free.
The leak is dripping from underneath the oil pan. Could be coming
from anywhere near there. I'm lifting her up tomorrow to scope the
situation.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I've had leaks before..but never
only while the car was running. Any theories on what it might be?

-LD

Bitter
Leaks when running means its either a leak from somewhere with oil pressure or leaking from somewhere that oil is not present when the engine is not running.
Lexicon_Devil
QUOTE(Bitter @ Mar 20, 2008 - 8:49 PM) [snapback]656188[/snapback]

Leaks when running means its either a leak from somewhere with oil pressure or leaking from somewhere that oil is not present when the engine is not running.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm hoping it's not a serious gasket. It's too cold in
Michigan to be working seriously on a car. I need to move. wink.gif
Bitter
could be a seal as well. clean it all down and pinpoint the leak. might be coming from behind the timing cover, if it is start from the top with the upper timing cover. cam seals will leak when the engine is running.
Lexicon_Devil
QUOTE(Bitter @ Mar 20, 2008 - 9:19 PM) [snapback]656209[/snapback]

could be a seal as well. clean it all down and pinpoint the leak. might be coming from behind the timing cover, if it is start from the top with the upper timing cover. cam seals will leak when the engine is running.

Right on. Thanks. I'm gonna get her off the ground tomorrow after I degrease her.
I had a seal replaced on her some time ago..but I'm not paying anyone again. I've
learned a lot since then. It's a pretty serious oil leak. Not a drip here and there,
you know?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.