Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blue book
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Komlofske
What does everyone think about this?
Cody
Well, they say my car is worth $3000 now, which sucks because I payed $8500 for it 3 years ago.
Komlofske
Man, I can't stand that crap, you see?, that's what bothers me about that Blue Book.
SuperMica
My car is still worth about 6000 if I sell it my self and about 3000 if I trade it in...

But that is not what makes a Celica ST or whatever great... Its when the owner of the celica st or gt or whatever, says that he/she has something they are proud of... Its not about speed... its not about money... its not about looks... and definitely not about performance in general... ITS ABOUT HOW PROUD OF YOUR CAR ARE YOU AND HOW PROUD ARE YOU IN GENERAL WITH ITS LOOKS, PERFORMANCE, AND OVERALL QUALITY IN GENERAL... That is what truely counts... Not resale value and Not performance...

Although Resale value is good to have, but when it comes to a daily driver and all its not all that important...
boosted_K2
kbb is just a reference. it doesnt take into account aftermarket. its for stock cars. and it does a good job prodicting the cars market value.
boosted_K2
QUOTE (SuperMica @ Aug 29, 2003 - 2:07 PM)
My car is still worth about 6000 if I sell it my self and about 3000 if I trade it in...

But that is not what makes a Celica ST or whatever great... Its when the owner of the celica st or gt or whatever, says that he/she has something they are proud of... Its not about speed... its not about money... its not about looks... and definitely not about performance in general... ITS ABOUT HOW PROUD OF YOUR CAR ARE YOU AND HOW PROUD ARE YOU IN GENERAL WITH ITS LOOKS, PERFORMANCE, AND OVERALL QUALITY IN GENERAL... That is what truely counts... Not resale value and Not performance...

Although Resale value is good to have, but when it comes to a daily driver and all its not all that important...

unless you are trying to buy or sell one.
Komlofske
Well, who actualy does take into account after market parts and upgrades? As far as that resale and trade in value it does't matter in the blue book, It just doesn't make sense but you know that there are cars in this sight that are actually worth about 20 to 30 thousand dallars with all the parts and love that they pute into them, but the Blue Book doesn't care, It will go for 6,000. That sucks.
Cody
A bank wont loan you more money for a car than book value.
BlackCelicaGT94
yeah mine said like 5 G's which i bought mine for 8500 last summer and some guy said he'd buy my car for 9 G's but couldnt come up w/ith the money right now so he offered 3 cars with a value of 3 G's each. I said no thanks! a lot of people think my car is worht more that 8 Gs of course these are the people who dont know much about our cars but im sure i could con someone into buying my car for 9 Gs if they didnt know what they were really doing!
blkGT
A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. (words of my dad) and in a sense, thats tru.
Andason
I think KBB is worthless, There was a honda prelude I looked at when I was in the new car market and to me it was worth 8000 and sold it to the dealer to 8500 and the dealer put it out in the same condition as 12000. BS
FiraMica
Hay well I had some one appraise mine today... And I could had want to KBB.com and looked up it price for my car and take 1,000 from it and that would be what he offered as a retail price... In other words, the trade in price is about 4000 well the price he was telling me I could easily get for it was 3200... so go figure...
Andason
Always sell your car to a private party. There is no money in trading it in. I bet you could get 4k easy depending on your car year and miles. I would pay 4 for a 94 with 100k
FiraMica
Hay I am new so this may be stupid... But does the value (trade in or private party resale value) drop if you mod it... I have some friends of my family that do body work and that is what they told me... But I want to customize my car and now my mom want let me...
boosted_K2
only if it is bodywork as in you needed to fix things, if its just modifications it doesnt... its just a check box if you fill out the KBB, it will ask you if there have been any bodywork done, or if any bodywork needs to be done. and if so how much. so no, it doesnt do anything.
BlackCelicaGT94
adding mods doesnt always increase the price though when you sell your car..thats what kinda sucks you can drop 10 G's into your 8 G celica and you cant go sell it for 18 G's
Matthew
QUOTE (SuperMica @ Aug 29, 2003 - 1:07 PM)

i dont get how your car can be worth 2000 more than Cody's. You have the same exact car just a different color.

I know that miles in that old of a car doesnt increase that much.
Cody
I think she was saying a private party sale...she could probably find some moron to buy it for $6000...
Matthew
if she did that she couldnt beat those turboed transams and win 7K from her boyfriend with her 105hp
FiraMica
hello ladies and gentlemen... I am not that creap supermica, I am a boy... And I am tired of people calling me a she... UH... Can't yal get it in yal thick skulls...
YellowTwo
yes, supermica is kind of a creap...and yes, i do believe you are the same person. so you must be a creap too. smile.gif

sorry if im wrong but you both have "Mica" in your name, you both have that southern accent, you both like the same cars, you both think in favor of each other's thoughts, and you both most of the time post on the same strings. so i think you are the same person. also, neither of you tell where you live. (ive been thinking about this for a while lol).

anyways, it's either true or a really wierd coincidence. cwm13.gif tongue.gif
FiraMica
Its a really weird coincidence... But we are not the same person... I am a boy and my name is Niklas... I was born in germany, but I was raised in SC and have been here for a good long time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.