Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake for 3SGTE Celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Dr_Tweak
I keep building these and forgetting to take a decent pic. This is an intake that I use on 3SGTE swapped Celicas sometimes. It works with both stock and clocked turbos. It has two air inlet ports on it for the PCV and IACV. If anyone wants one of these, I can easily put it together. It would include the clamps, couplers (your choice of color), piping, and filter. AFM adapter is also available.

IPB Image

Sorry for the blurry pic smile.gif

-Doc
alltracman78
Out of curiosity, why did you route it there?
If you want access to the dist and anything in that area you have to remove the intake tubing....
lagos
Yeah I agree, not a big fan of the routing. You should cut it in half at the bend and weld it back together so that it puts the filter in the same location as the factory air box.

Pressure2 made a few of them like that and they ended up looking really nice, and dont sit in that already cramped area.

Not trying to put it down though, just my .02c.

btw, what did you use for 1/2in fittings and where did you buy them from?

Whos car is this ?
Dr_Tweak
Hey, I just was looking this thread up for a friend and saw the replies, I completely forgot about it and for some reason I didn't get the notification that a reply was made.

QUOTE (alltracman78 @ Mar 28, 2008 - 3:23 AM) *
Out of curiosity, why did you route it there?
If you want access to the dist and anything in that area you have to remove the intake tubing....

The routing was the simplest possible while keeping the battery in the stock location. Actually you can reach the distributor by reaching under the intake, but either way, removing it takes a 10mm socket and about 5 seconds wink.gif

The reason that I came up with this simple solution is because I know there are a lot of people out there who get engine sets and are missing the intake piece that goes from the turbo to the AFM. Since there are two key air fittings on there (one for the IACV), the engine won't start and idle without them hooked up, and this very commonly causes first start-up problems. So I put together a simple, reliable solution that wouldn't require a lot of custom welding and whatnot, just four t-bolt clamps, two couplers, one mandrel-bent 90, some hose barbs and a massive NPT tap smile.gif

QUOTE (lagos @ Mar 28, 2008 - 3:33 AM) *
Yeah I agree, not a big fan of the routing. You should cut it in half at the bend and weld it back together so that it puts the filter in the same location as the factory air box.

Pressure2 made a few of them like that and they ended up looking really nice, and dont sit in that already cramped area.

Not trying to put it down though, just my .02c.

btw, what did you use for 1/2in fittings and where did you buy them from?

Whos car is this ?

The problem with that is that you have to find an extremely short filter that will fit in the factory location without hitting the inside fender-well. But I agree, this is just a simple, cheap solution, I personally prefer relocating the battery to the trunk and then doing a true cold-air intake. Now that I've finished my tig-welding course I will probably be coming up with some better intake stuff in the future.

Those fittings are Home Depot brass NPT fittings, I have a massive NPT tap that I use to tap into the aluminum pipe, once they are tightly installed they work great... but now I would probably tig-weld some aluminum nipples right on there and keep it all clean and simple.

-Doc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.