Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extreamly pissed off with Celispeed.com members
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Valo666
When i first purchased my celica about 3 years ago, I first registered on Celispeed.com, a relatively local site that i found from Toyota Nation.com. I got introduced to 6GC.net thanks to that site and lil_lissa. Any ways, i posted on there for a long time when i was first gettin on 6GC. Since 6GC completely about 6th gen celicas and Celispeed is mainly 7th gen related, i stopped posting on Celispeed for awhile. I still go on and check the FS section of the forums. I decided to go onto it tonight after Sarah and i were talking about 7th gens. We were looking through the Gallery section and as i was going to the 6th gen photos, the main thumbnail of the "Exterior Pictures" section is this.
IPB Image

This picture was takin maybe 2 years ago just after i got my car re-painted and lowered by Sarah (Keroppi) in Highpark in Toronto. So when i clicked on on the picture, it comes up with info about the picture and who posted it. And to my supprise, the name of the person who uploaded the pictures wasnt mine. Im registered on Celispeed with the same SN as here, and the name of the person reigstered is "BamaDave".

Not only does this piss me off because some one ripped off 1 of my picture, but they ripped off 2 of mine!

I checked his profile and it said he uploaded 2 pictures. I then looked at the interior pictures and theres a picture that "BamaDave" took of his red Spaco Torino sittin in "his car"....even though its MY CAR in MY DRIVEWAY! And the picture was taken by non other than, ME!

Any ways, Im just really pissed off that their are people out there who have the nerve to go out and claim other peoples work as their own.

I just wanted to vent.
ZGear
I can understand if someone just wants to use a great picture for their wallpaper or using it as a reference to car parts shown in the picture, but that does go too far....

I have seen this @ cardomain.com alot too....
Random_Stranger
I am sorry to hear that man. That's straight up and utter BULL$#!T. We should kick is @$$, of course one at a time, I don't believe in jumping people.
_mikeE
Let's give that *BamaDave* a little "bam bam" of our own...and take a real look at his car heheh.
Anyway, any option to report that member?
lagos
sounds like you got E-car jacked.
Batman722
don't trust those 7 gen people...haha
Valo666
QUOTE(ZGear @ Mar 30, 2008 - 11:26 PM) [snapback]659919[/snapback]

I have seen this @ cardomain.com alot too....

Really?....i have a car domain page that i barely ever update, but ive never seen it any where else. You got links??

QUOTE(_mikeE @ Mar 31, 2008 - 12:35 AM) [snapback]659955[/snapback]

Anyway, any option to report that member?

Yea, i remembered my buddy Martin is an admin on the site, so i msned him and hes gonna get incontact with the member, who he actually knows personaly, and give him sh*t, and change it on the site.

QUOTE(Batman722 @ Mar 31, 2008 - 7:24 AM) [snapback]659993[/snapback]

don't trust those 7 gen people...haha

yea really eh?? Sarah wants to get a 7th gen in a year or 2s time, but i warned her about the stupidity and egos that go along with alot of 7th gen drivers. Ive found compaired to 6th gens, 7th gen drivers are alot more cocky and dont offer much or any insight or help regaurding the cars.
D-Man
I say we go line up and take turns kicking that E-Car jacker in the @ss...

Yeah, also i noticed 7 gen owners are pricks too...
Supersprynt
Did you PM someone about it?
Valo666
So apprently, my buddy said he talked to the guy and the guy just added the pics off a post i did on the site and added them to the gallery. Then i also got a pm from one of the other admins saying that when they did a softwear upgrade, some of the pictures and names didnt co-oridinate and that its purely a softwear issue. So i donno what exactly is happening, but im still pretty pissed off with the whole situation.
ZGear
Really?....i have a car domain page that i barely ever update, but ive never seen it any where else. You got links??

This was apparently all over the internet....

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/26/pwned-k...wn-gets-caught/
Random_Stranger
QUOTE(lagos @ Mar 31, 2008 - 6:25 AM) [snapback]659966[/snapback]

sounds like you got E-car jacked.

LOL Man you always come up with the clever things! laugh.gif
GriffGirl
QUOTE(ZGear @ Mar 31, 2008 - 10:55 AM) [snapback]660093[/snapback]

This was apparently all over the internet....

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/26/pwned-k...wn-gets-caught/

I like how that article mentions the "direct exhaust injection" fiasco...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.