Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I recieved advise from a Honda guy
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Komlofske
I was talking to a friend of a friend the other day and we stumbled on the subject of turbos and he informed me that his honda was turbo so I asked him if I could see it. It looked great in his little civic hatchback, It realy did, so I figured he new what he was doing, in which he may have all the way up until I mentioned TOYOTA. Oh, don't get me wrong, he thaught he knew everything about my Celica and I listened all the way up until he told me that I would blow my motor If used anything over 3pounds of boost......what??? What a joke, talk about not wanting a Toyota to outdo a Honda. You wouldn't believe the bull**** this guy was telling me. It just goes to show you, if person doesn't have a Toyota or has never owned one, they don't know ****!!! I just thaught you guys should know.
Matthew
ya a lot of people dont know about celicas and what they are capable of. a lot of honda owners around here think that their cars are the best thing ever.

Besides the basics of most cars out there most people dont really know as much about them as they do their own cars.

For instance I dont know jack about WRX's except the basics and their engine is mounted horizontally like a porsche boxter.

Most people dont know what rotary is on an RX-7 or even how a turbo works for that case.

I am sure that the honda guy knows a lot more about his model than you do and visa versa.

But ya I bet he was just thinking that you would boost more than that and beat his car. Probably he was just worried. You should get a turbo and only boost it at 3 lbs and see if you win.

Edit: And even with my celica. I didnt even know what kind of car it was when I first pulled up to it in the car lot. Know a little more than a year later its almost awd.
Komlofske
I'm sure to run into him again and I hope my turbo is complete by then so that he might ask me about it. I'll would then give him the good news about how my car just might out perform his. He might not like me then, he's one of those types of guys. He has a nice honda though, I'll give him that, but doesn't he know that almost every honda that one might see fixed up just might say"Hey, there is ANOTHER honda, what else is new?"
chucho
Most ppl don't know how to take care of turbos, they cut off the engine w/ the turbo still spooled up and wonder y it shuts down, hmmmm.
97sccelica
thats nothing.

my mom's friend who used to be a mechanic actually said this.

4 cylinder engines cant be turbo charged.

apparantly she was a mechanic 20 years ago and knows all about 4cylinder engines and than none can be have a turbo.
Supersprynt
usually when your car is about ready to be shut off, its not spooling. If ur turbo is spooling at idle, u better take a look at it.

If maybe i just misunderstood you, its good to let the car run for a minute after a drive over 10mins to let any oil get outta the turbo but ne thing less than that u really shouldnt worry. I gotta install my timer cuz its a pain sitting in the car after u've driven.
macavely
Yea i hate it when some honda owners (always civic owners) try to laugh at me when i tell them i have a 95 celica.. like if there civics have the long history on the race track. while the 1GC was made to compete with the mustang..
Cody
Especially when I don't recall any Honda's conquering the WRC.
97sccelica
i dont recall honda having any motorsports histoy(with their cars that are available to the public)

honda makes good cars, my dad drove his civic 50k miles in the past two years with only the AC going out(and that was after a week of my mom driving the car wink.gif )

its the drivers that make people hate hondas.

and i agree on the 1gc. my friend has one, it looks good and handles better than any other car from the 70's that i have driven

plus, i couldnt drive a sporty car if the car also came in a 4dr version(ie. civics, integras, rsx's, accords etc) except for the BMW M cars.
95ST
Alot of people own hondas that are not my style, but then again I was talkin to a kid at school last week and he has a 6gc full of stickers and he told me he was getting a TRD supercharger for his 7a. I dont think its fair to judge honda's as a whole. When I graduate college I am planning on turning my celi into a gutted out auto x car and my daily driver will be a prelude.
Coomer
QUOTE (95ST @ Sep 2, 2003 - 12:22 PM)
I dont think its fair to judge honda's as a whole.

That's very true. Some Hondas are amazing cars, and some Honda owners are really cool and knowledgable.
KAMiX
Yeah I think the thing that really pisses most people off about them is that they are everywhere, and cheap, good aftermarket parts are available everywhere.

I don't know many people who have had hondas that have dissed their cars. It's only the people who don't have/haven't had one that don't like them, much the same as lots of other cars.
No0bOne
Straight racing is gettin really boring. High power can be easily achieved to be fast enough while at the same time, driftable.

Honda - FWD. sure they're good and all but when compared to my suppie it's just a POS car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.