Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tein Hood Damper
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
trdproven
Do they make this for our cars? I want to get one since I installed my cooling plate. I want these because they are plug n play installation. Anyone know?

IPB Image
frisp
I haven't seem any listed for our frown.gif
trdproven
I know there are other brands too out there. I remember someone here did a custom job on it.
xs94st
hmm..do they list the dimensions of different hoods somewhere? maybe find a pair that somewhat matches our hoods weight/proportions. or you can fix on some from another car..i believe someone got a pair off a domestic car and macguyvered them on. i had planned to put on a pair that i had bought for my old supra, but never have had the time to fab stuff :\
trdproven
Right, I think the celica has many mounting points to use. I think they did not make one for our cars because it is not so common or regular or new for that matter. It would be hard to find one that fits exactly without losing money.
Bitter
just buy a pair of hood lifts from redline and make them fit. the ones for a 2000-2005 eclipse should be able to lift the hood and be long enough to work.
lagos
Ive wanted to do this mod for a while now. They are way better then the hood prop we have.
trdproven
QUOTE(Bitter @ Apr 12, 2008 - 8:54 PM) [snapback]664002[/snapback]

just buy a pair of hood lifts from redline and make them fit. the ones for a 2000-2005 eclipse should be able to lift the hood and be long enough to work.

I need a plug n play solution for this type. Not looking to drill.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.