Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal Here I come....
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
BlackCelicaGT94
So I am going down to Anaheim/LA at the end of August and am putting together a list of things to while im down there. If you are from the area or have been to SoCal please feel free to give me input on things to do while im down there.

Thanks.

1. Find Laguna Beach high School - i know that sounds dumb but its the one place my friend and I didnt find in LB when we went down 2 years ago.
2. Hollywood Walk of Fame
3. Hunt down Rob Dyrdek. :-)
4. Graumans Chinese Theatre
5. Go to a taping of a TV show - Jay leno?
6. Eat at In&Out
MaskedMan
In&out is some pretty good stuff. Hmm while you're in Hollywood, you should go eat at Pink's hotdog stand or w/e. I have never been there, but according to a few people I know, it's the best place to get a burger/hotdog/sandwhich. So what's the main reason for visit? Or are you just coming down here to complete the 6 things listed? I have been here for 3 years and have done nothing on that list besides eat at In&out haha.
BlackCelicaGT94
well if i had it my way id be in SoCal atleast twice a year. Unfortunetly since I dont have friends who live there and a couch to crash on it, its too pricey to go down that often. My friend and I went down 2 years ago for a drifting event and now were just going back to have fun. Shes going ot do a half marathon at Disneyland and I may do the 5k. The main reason for going down is to get away! :-)
CelicaST_CALI
i was just in ahiem,go to disneyland,or CA adventure,or both,then go to Hollywood studios.it was 95 degrees yesterday .UHH lol
airfron
the price is right is a tv show that is easy to go to a taping of. maybe you can get into a boxing match with drew carey and tell him that the price is wrong b****

how long will your stay be?
BlackCelicaGT94
I believe 5 days..over labor day weekend.
xs94st
woot woot smile.gif go to disneyland/dtown disney/dinner and all that good stuffs. who are you coming with? or are you meetin up with peoples down here? smile.gif

hmm..i'll post stuff up to do as i think of em cuz everything in socal is pretty regular as i live here lol

Chanh55
You coming down with Amy?
CelicaST_CALI
dtown disney was stupid,the rain forest cafe was bomb,stupid ass monkey scared the **** outa me lol
BlackCelicaGT94
Im coming down with my friend Adrienne. Shes posted on here before. I believe her name is IntegraChick95?? something like that.
xs94st
maybeeee-the beach? hang out at santa monica pier/promenade and eat and chill maybe go to venice beach to eat and chill lol go to san diego! that place is chill as hell as well. they got the sd zoo as well as wild animal park which is pretty awesome. uh......knotts berry farm is realtively cheap and pretty cool to go to lol. i duno what else we got out here..
Random_Stranger
I dunno if you all got a six flags up there, but um........ there is one on the way out there to Southern Cali. I haven't been to Los Angeles or that area in a long time, and I am only an hour and a half away. Haven't been going there since we stopped going to Spundae in West Hollywood.
BlackCelicaGT94
good ideas. i dont wanna spend too much money on amusement parks though. I really would love to do six flags though.

maybe you guys could put together a celica meet. :-) Im going to try rent a convertible while im down there. We will see though!
MaskedMan
QUOTE(Random_Stranger @ Apr 15, 2008 - 10:14 AM) [snapback]664814[/snapback]
I dunno if you all got a six flags up there, but um........ there is one on the way out there to Southern Cali. I haven't been to Los Angeles or that area in a long time, and I am only an hour and a half away. Haven't been going there since we stopped going to Spundae in West Hollywood.
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Apr 15, 2008 - 10:29 AM) [snapback]664820[/snapback]
good ideas. i dont wanna spend too much money on amusement parks though. I really would love to do six flags though.

maybe you guys could put together a celica meet. :-) Im going to try rent a convertible while im down there. We will see though!

The only bad part about six flags is that it closes at 6pm now frown.gif. We'll get a speedzone celica meet put together or something when you're down here. And high five for convertibles smile.gif.
fastgt
meh...socal is old news...lol....hollywood is really a waste of time....its not its all cracked up to be....

id say hit up the beaches...the canyons(malibu)....the dining LA area
k1(karting)

i have a couch....dunno how comfy it is tho...lol
BlackCelicaGT94
SoCal old news? no way! i love it down there. id move there ina heartbeat if i could afford it.

xs94st
i'm not a fan of hollyhood cuz i'm not really loaded lol.

six flags would be tite smile.gif you should go cuz its always fun!

we should throw a meet, twould be awesome biggrin.gif
MaskedMan
QUOTE(xs94st @ Apr 15, 2008 - 5:03 PM) [snapback]664949[/snapback]
i'm not a fan of hollyhood cuz i'm not really loaded lol.

six flags would be tite smile.gif you should go cuz its always fun!

we should throw a meet, twould be awesome biggrin.gif

I will have to leave organizing the meet up to you guys, since I will not longer be living in SoCal at that time. I suppose I could always come back down since we are getting out of state visitors smile.gif.

So how are the living exspenses up in Washington like?

forkee
eh...they are right. when you've lived here your whole life, you get over the glamorous stuff quick. everything is literally less than an hour away.

if youre heading to hollywood, i suggest parking at the hollywood and highland shopping center. you can walk along the walk of the stars, its literally right next to the chinese theatre, across from the el capitan, even the pantages is right there. u can see wicked, its a really good musical. u can also get a good view of the hollywood sign from a walkway in the shopping center. they have Vert, a restaurant run by wolfgang puck, or you can eat at California Pizza Kitchen.

Theres also lots of window shopping in Rodeo Drive and Third Street Promenade.
BlackCelicaGT94
Thanks for all the help guys!!!

We have CPK up here so ill pass on that. :-) Yeah i see where you are coming from that when you live somewhere for so long that its not really anything special. I mainly love Socal because of the weather, beaches, pretty people and palm trees. :-)

Washington living expenses are cheap but better than SoCal
Random_Stranger
QUOTE(MaskedMan @ Apr 15, 2008 - 7:46 PM) [snapback]664874[/snapback]

QUOTE(Random_Stranger @ Apr 15, 2008 - 10:14 AM) [snapback]664814[/snapback]
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Apr 15, 2008 - 10:29 AM) [snapback]664820[/snapback]

The only bad part about six flags is that it closes at 6pm now frown.gif. We'll get a speedzone celica meet put together or something when you're down here. And high five for convertibles smile.gif.

WTF?! Since when the %#$@ did Six flags start closing at 6pm? I thought they was open til 11pm?! It's because of them gang-members that try to start $#!T down there huh? I knew it! Those are the kind of guys who try to give dirty looks at their little cousin's birthday party. Or throw up gang signs at Disneyland! HAPPIEST GOD DANG PLACE ON EARTH! Ugh! People need to get checked..... Have a crew walk around dressed up like girl scout drag queens or pencil neck geeks and give'em a good beatin'. Then maybe their self esteem might go to $#!T and they begin to question their self worth........ But then again, maybe the drag queen girls scouts can help them out with that, seeing how if that happened, they might have a few screws loose upstairs. Or maybe I do for even mentioning such a horrible sight.......... Ah whatever, I threw something intense out there so you all get my point.
MaskedMan
They started closing at 6pm about a week ago after spring break ended. Their hours are now 1030am-6pm. I'm sure it has nothing to do with gang members. I think it has more to do with the economy right now. It's very bad, so people aren't spending too much money at theme parks right now. A large amount of people who still attend have season passes, so they aren't making much money off them regardless. So they are only staying open during optimal business hours only. Personally, I think it's better to be there at night, I think it's more fun at night.
xs94st
^^^^ everythin's a lot more fun at night wink.gif

jeez, this thread has me wanting to go to sixflags asap
BlackCelicaGT94
is there a place to rent dune buggies and go out on the dunes? i really wanna just have some fun never done before experiences while im down there
fastgt
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Apr 20, 2008 - 11:16 AM) [snapback]666394[/snapback]

is there a place to rent dune buggies and go out on the dunes? i really wanna just have some fun never done before experiences while im down there

yes you can rent one...but the dunes are very very far from the la area....and i mean very far!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.