Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anoying rattleing sound
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Valo666
About 2 or 3 months ago, i was workin on the car, just cleanin some stuff up, not doing any thing too rediculus or any thing. While i was working on the car, i accidently broke one of the bolts holding my hold-downs for my rad when i was taking my cooling plate out. So i used some solider to tie it up so i could fix it at work the next day. On the way to work, i noticed this really anoying rattleing sound. I figured it might just be the rad bouncing around a little. So i got to work, and fixed it in my spare time, but the rattleing never went away. I tryed tightening every bolt i could, checking every part that could be making the noise, still couldnt get it to go away.

Any ways, yesterday since it was so nice out, i had my windows down. When i got into my car, i slammed the door and heard this rattleing. So i though at first it was my liscence plate. Nope. So i opened and closed it again, and heard it again. So i got my dad to slam the door closed for me today so i could pin point where the sound was coming from. And i FINALY figured it out. When i was working on my car, i was painting my fuse box covers, p/s fluid cap, strut bar, coolin pannel, and cruise controll cover. Sure enough, there are 3 little grommets that are on the bottom of the mount for the cruise controll, that have these little pegs that go into them to hold the cover down. Well what happened was, when i pulled the cover off, i must have accidently crushed or broken one of thouse grommets, so it was causing the cover to rattle around while i was driving. So i went to toyota to see how much they were gonna cost...with tax...$8..lol So hopefully that will get rid of the sound completely now.

So if any one out there is gettin a weird ratteling sound happening when they are driving, i was doing about 60km/h-80km/h when it was gettin bad, check your cruise controll cover.
stephen_lee
i also had a weird sound while driving.
never knew whta it was untill i had it on stands one day, and spun the tire.
the cotter pin on my passenger wheel was loose and makin a sound

never knew such a small thing could make such a noise
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.