Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: worn 6g, worth keeping?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Redrooster94
I just joined this site today actually, and acquired a '94 GT celica from an old friend of mine.. The thing has got 297k for miles on it (yeah, crazy), and never had any serious work done to it(that I know of). It runs pretty good considering the mileage and years, but really what I'm wondering is if it's just a time bomb waiting to go off? it'd just be depressing to start putting money into it just to have the transmission or engine explode on me.. what do y'all think?
99GT
These things last forever if you take care of them.
sous710
maybe thats where you should drop the money first. no point in havin a phat ride if ya cant ride it aroun
bccentaur3
If you got the car for free. You should have some sort of money laying around. If you are really afraid of anything happening I say replace the motor. If you don't hear anything gears grinding and no problems shifting then your transmission is good to go. Just flush the gear oil and put new ones in.

Welcome to the site.
GriffGirl
If a car could be bullet proof (and NOT the popemobile wink.gif ) it'd be a Toyota.

300k is a lot, but it's true, if you take care of it, it'll last ya. Comb over it and figure out what it needs to run perfectly. Then decide if it's worth the investment to you. You're on an enthusiast site - not too many people here are gonna tell you to pass it over. Really it's up to you to gauge what your threshold is as to what deems it worth your time/money or not.
axelrduvirage
link to here: http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53068 read up on some high mileage Celicas. i have 183XXX miles on stock drivetrain. 25 mpg. tranny a little noisy. does not burn oil.

for free it would have to pass the following test -

does it run?
can i get it inspected?

the rest is up to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.