Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anti-lag system?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
cjh4l22
saw this on youtube and was curious as to how it works and the pros/cons of it. thanks in advance.
Rayme
I remember a long time ago reading about it, and I dont know if there's more than 1 type of system, but I read that theres a spark plug between the header and turbo an fuel gets injected and burnt durings shifts so that keeps the turbo spinning..and is also why you see flames coming out of the exhaust.

It kills a turbo, fast...in like hours fast. And would also make your cats puke their guts out!
jason
reminds me of itchys

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Subaru-...Battle_1493.htm
Hanyo
pro:

no lag
loud and fun

Con:

crack turbo manifold
blown turbo
destroyed catylatic converter
waste fuel

Rayme
cat failure

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tDvmjk6LHYU
Daftboy
Nice NJ plates...lol
cjh4l22
oh.... gotcha. sounds dangerous. bowdown.gif thumbsup.gif woot.gif ha
Dragondog
what do they conect the spark plug to
WALKER
From Wiki

Another well-known application of this type of anti-lag system was in the WRC version of the 1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST-205). Four brass tubes fed air from the turbocharger's Compressor Bypass Valve (CBV) to each of the exhaust manifold tracts, in order to provide the necessary air for the combustion of the fuel. The system was controlled by two pressure valves, operated by the ECU.
chucho
QUOTE (WALKER @ Jun 23, 2008 - 10:48 AM) *
From Wiki

Another well-known application of this type of anti-lag system was in the WRC version of the 1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST-205). Four brass tubes fed air from the turbocharger's Compressor Bypass Valve (CBV) to each of the exhaust manifold tracts, in order to provide the necessary air for the combustion of the fuel. The system was controlled by two pressure valves, operated by the ECU.

gotta love wikipedia answers everything. Never heard of it before but turbos cost too much to be blowing them up
CaliJeff
lol
x_itchy_b_x
a lower rev limit will mimic anti lag in the sense that it builds boost off the line but supposed to be a little better for the turbo.
i two step.... alot. gun shots are sweet, esp at 8k rev limiting because of traction loss.
Penkka
QUOTE (Rayme @ Apr 27, 2008 - 9:50 PM) *
I remember a long time ago reading about it, and I dont know if there's more than 1 type of system, but I read that theres a spark plug between the header and turbo an fuel gets injected and burnt durings shifts so that keeps the turbo spinning..and is also why you see flames coming out of the exhaust.

It kills a turbo, fast...in like hours fast. And would also make your cats puke their guts out!

As a matter of fact, there is not a plug, but a Fuel injector. When you lift your foot of from the gaspedal, It injects fuel to the exhaust, which flames due the heat and the pressure that the flaming creates, keeps the turbo spinning. So when you hit the gas pedal again, the turbo is already spinning hard enough to get boostt, and no lag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.