Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
nhcamper
Hi,
My kid has a 1994 ST with the Fed. Can., 7A FE engine. I have the chance to put an engine from a 1993 GT-S 5SFE into his car. He spun a bearing and seized the engine. His car is a manual and the GT-S is an auto. The 93 GTS is a complete running car so I will have all the parts from it while doing the swap. We also have the help of an experienced mechanic. My question is there any issues with this swap?
Thanks,
playr158
yea its not a good one, time/cost/effort wise its just not worth it.

you are better off finding another 7afe. or having the one you currently have rebuilt.
lagos
You would have to buy 6th gen GT motor mounts, Drill the frame for the pass side mount, get a 6th gen GT wiring harness or rewire your st one (pain), and probably have to redo your AC lines, as well as purchase a manual trans (your 7afe one wont work) and get manual gt axels.

So yeah, Its possible, but there are a few things that probably make it not worth while. That same time/money would be better spent on a 3sgte swap (depending on how old your kid is) or just swap in another 7afe.
nhcamper
Thanks guys you just saved me a lot of time and money. My brother-in-law is the mechanic but not up on engine swaps like you people, he suggested the same as you. We are going to pull the engine and determine if it can be rebuilt. In the meantime I'm still looking for a suitable replacement. I posted in the parts section to see if I can find one less expensive than the junk yard, ($800.00 min.)

I'm in Manchester.
dabazied
Why not put in a 4age? They are relatively cheap and pretty much directly bolt up for the most part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.