Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I get this altrac?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
LeonStryfe
Hey guys there is this guy who has a swapped altrac near my neighborhood that he finally gave up on and is selling it dirt cheap 1k. Downside is that the car is nto working or rather, its not turning on.

"1990 all trac turbo celica, extremly rare car, aftermarket JDM engine only has 60k, new timing belt,water pump,alternator,radiator,brake pads and battery. car won't start need some engine work done. body is in fair condition.great project car has lot of potential.looking for a quick sell. price is firm."

Do you think this is a good deal?

If I decide not to fix it, and to just part it out will I get back my money? I'm thinking of either three things.

1 - fix it
2 - part it out
3 - eventually swap the engine into my celi >_>

What do you think?
celicadude04
I vote buy it and fix it unless the body/interior is real bad
celicaboy92
well seeing that u got no real performance upgrades on your car buying it fixing the motor and swapping it into ur car would be best if it has jdm all-trac body parts maybe on celica tech or something u can sell the hood and front bumper to some 5th gen guys and gain money to help fix the engine and buying that car as it is like getting a way cheap ass st185 front clip with no shippin i say DO THAT NOW !
supershannon77
I agree do it!!!!!! As long as its not a piece when u see it.
DEATH
Do NOT part that car. We only got a very few Alltracs here in the states, some have been lost to wrecks etc. - it would be a crime to enthusiasts to intentionally destroy one like that. Clips are easy enough to come by - get one of those like everyone else for your swap.
I don't mean to sound harsh it's just really a shame to even contemplate that. Imagine if we had gotten ST-205's in very small numbers and someone canibalized one for use in another car when clips are so readily available - imagine the outrage on this site.
That being said - it's your opportunity: Do what makes you happy.
If it were me I'd buy it and restore it and use the 6th gen as a daily driver.
Just my spirited .02
celicaboy92
yeah DEATH bro u bring a good point to the table i just said this because i think he preferred to use it in his 6th gen from what he said but yeah dude totally all-trac is the way to go they are super rare one of my close freinds has a 5th gen american one and its so sexy he got his like mint condition for cheap with a blown motor also its all in what u wanna do .
MaskedMan
Simply, it depends what is wrong with it. For $1,000 it's a rather good deal if you're up to the task of fixing it. I don't know what an aftermarket JDM engine is, I always assumed most engines for Celicas were OEM. 60k is low milage, but there's really no way to tell what the actual milage is on the car. And regardless of what the milage really is, the car still doesn't run. Have fun with it.
808celica
get it or i'll slap you biggrin.gif lolz nah its all up to you......one might come up that's better.......but at the same time it might not laugh.gif

edit: firm price eh?!?!?! tell him $900 and a case of beer biggrin.gif that should save you atleast $80.........
Akimbo
Alltracs are slow and old, but 1k is sort of a good deal.
6gcSTVT
Can you send me the link? I'll buy it for 1k if you don't, i've always wanted an alltrac/gt4 and a project vehicle so this is perfect.
LeonStryfe
QUOTE(6gcSTVT @ May 1, 2008 - 7:54 PM) [snapback]669948[/snapback]

Can you send me the link? I'll buy it for 1k if you don't, i've always wanted an alltrac/gt4 and a project vehicle so this is perfect.

Engine had problems, I checked it. I found another one but its 2k, car starts and runs but it has a bad knockin sound selling for 2k. It's pretty nice and close to me. I'm gonna check it out after my finals are over, if you guys are interested on it too I'll get more info on it.
Cuts_the_Pilot
Alltracs are slow and old, but 1k is sort of a good deal.

compared to a 5s-fe they are quick. But alas they are old

buy it and fix it, 1k you can loose.
MaskedMan
My word of advice is to just save up and buy one that is in good running condition. You are going to end up spending more money and have a big head ache in the end trying to fix up a "good deal".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.