Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "TRDGT4"
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
TRDGT4
well here's a bit of history of my Celica Gt4 "TRDGT4"
Bought the completely standard about four years ago after a few mods it look like this

And then by the end of 2007 it look like this

but then i had problems BIG problems

The Thurst washers in the engine came out causing major engine damage luckly the pistons and rods were unharmed and would live another day so that brings us into the rebuild:

engine out it was then a case of stripping everything out of the engine bay for a complete respary in classic 040 Toyota white

While the car was getting its new coat of paint I source another block and began the rebiuld I also managed to get a complete engine from a GTT Caldina for which I used the Head and Intake including injectors, I then set about match porting the head and having a custom set of cams ground which included facing the Valves and having all the seats recut with a custom three angle profile and have all the tappets set with custom shims, I also added some HKS adjustable cam gears and had the intake manifold ceramic coated. The block got rebored out .5mm and the bottom end was balanced and block decked
New Engine

new engine being fitted

So now with the engine back in the hole the custom wiring job started and after 20 hours (that's just on the wiring) it runs
but not fully completed and ready for road yet (hanging out to drive her again though)
below are a few pics of the work that has gone in

I'll keep adding pics as i get closer to driving her enjoy
Valo666
holy crap....that is one sexy lookin motor...very nice car...but Snap-on sticker FTL...lol

How many catch can are u running??..i counted 4..lol
TRDGT4
QUOTE(Valo666 @ May 4, 2008 - 1:14 AM) [snapback]670480[/snapback]

holy crap....that is one sexy lookin motor...very nice car...but Snap-on sticker FTL...lol

How many catch can are u running??..i counted 4..lol

Well the Snap-On sticker i can explain
the local dealer here has helped me out with a bit of sponsorship and in return i put the sticker in the car

and as for catch cans your right there are 4 two for the engine one for the trans and one for radiator over flow i also got a custom power steer tanks and having a custom washer bottle made to look like power steer
lagos
WOW thats an incredible car you have there!
I can tell no expense has been spared. Great work!
Rusty
a GTT Caldina for which I used the Head and Intake including injectors
bowdown.gif

so a 3.5gen 3S-GTE? woot.gif

your a member at toyspeed also?

get this car in the NZ Performance Car mag. ASAP

Insanity-74
Very Impressive
_mikeE
WOW
stevest202
dedication at its highest respect to you thumbsup.gif
x_itchy_b_x
awesome build man. thats s clean bay!
zero07
I have much engine envy.
snapshotgt
Nicely done. thumbsup.gif
TRDGT4
cheers guys

I have just ordered a brand new set of projectors for her from japan so they be here in a couple of weeks

and Rusty yes I am on Toyspeed and as for the car going into the Performance Car Mag I'll wait untill it is back on the road
supershannon77
Thats awesome work..i bet ur itching to drive it.
TRDGT4
oh hell yeah even more so once it's run in and fully tuned biggrin.gif
Celicav
That is going to be one heck of a beast! PLEASE keep us posted and dyno when you are done. smile.gif
Defgeph
Beautiful.
trdproven
that looks wicked.
Rusty
the car going into the Performance Car Mag I'll wait untill it is back on the road

good, there has been a lack of toyotas/celica's in it lately frown.gif

what have you got left to do rewire it &?
TRDGT4
QUOTE(Rusty @ May 5, 2008 - 1:10 AM) [snapback]670699[/snapback]

the car going into the Performance Car Mag I'll wait untill it is back on the road

good, there has been a lack of toyotas/celica's in it lately frown.gif

what have you got left to do rewire it &?

the wiring is done just need to tidy and then a little more tunning on laptop just to sort idle etc finish a couple of panels refit front guards and fit new projector headlights and bumper and then clean and then DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Celicav @ May 4, 2008 - 10:28 PM) [snapback]670654[/snapback]

That is going to be one heck of a beast! PLEASE keep us posted and dyno when you are done. smile.gif

sure no problem i'll probably wait untill October for the tune as it gives the engine a good chance to be run in and also gives me enough time to sort out any little bugs she might have (hoping not many if at all but fingers crossed on that one we all know what race engines are like)
cjh4l22
WOW simply put, WOW biggrin.gif
Rusty
oh sweet not long then biggrin.gif
malpaso
looks amazing... bowdown.gif
fran
WOW! really good job dude! i like a loooooot! your 6gc!
dtlwrc
WOW!!! Great project and great car!!!
99GT
Will the 4th gen intake manifold bolt up on a 3rd gen?

And MORE PICS!
TRDGT4
QUOTE(99GT @ May 7, 2008 - 6:22 PM) [snapback]671598[/snapback]

Will the 4th gen intake manifold bolt up on a 3rd gen?

And MORE PICS!

Sure does but i have used the Gen 4 head also in this case

i'm working on those pics
TRDGT4

Pluming up the oil cooler
IPB Image

In the process of making the intercooler piping
IPB Image

Fitting engine to freshly painted bay
IPB Image
99GT
You got some DEEP pockets.
TRDGT4
nah i just spend it before the misses biggrin.gif
nah i got a few sponsors that helped abit and i do alot of it myself
99GT
Is it true that the COP is same as 2000+ celica?
TRDGT4
sorry what is COP? i'm having a blonde moment

some more pics

P/S oilcooler was orginally the trans cooler
IPB Image

new 13row trans cooler
IPB Image

new 19 row engine oil cooler
IPB Image

my catch cans
IPB Image

more engine pics
IPB Image
IPB Image
addictions
o my god...... that is the best (one of the best) looking celicas i have ever seen man mad mad props on that o dont know what else to say really its just amazing i cant believe what i am looking at
Rusty
Wow
whats this going to be used for?
99GT
Coil on plugs...
TRDGT4
QUOTE (99GT @ May 8, 2008 - 9:52 PM) *
Coil on plugs...

they are but slightly different in that they have an ion signal back to the comp where as the 2000 Celica has an igf signal back

QUOTE (Rusty @ May 8, 2008 - 9:51 PM) *
Wow
whats this going to be used for?

it will be used for everything mate daily driver circuit racer drag racer show car you name it it'll be there (fingers crossed anyway)
Rusty
got another update?
TRDGT4
QUOTE (Rusty @ May 12, 2008 - 2:54 AM) *
got another update?

Just ordered four Haltech LS1 coils from OZ as the Caldina ones won't work with the computer (bugger) so now i'll have to run leads which is what i was trying to stay away from oh well so i am looking at a set of TRD leads for it.

Hopefully the coils will be here this weekend so i can finaaly get her on the road and go for the 1st drive in like 5 months can't wait!!!!!!!
Rusty
Hopefully the coils will be here this weekend so i can finaaly get her on the road and go for the 1st drive in like 5 months can't wait!!!!!!!

be careful with it and enjoy it

what TRD coil/leads would you use?
TRDGT4
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!! smile.gif smile.gif

got her going on Friday night and went for a couple of drives on Saturday still a few bugs to sort but it's finally on the road

I will post more pics once all done and cleaned up wink.gif
Rusty
big congrates mate well done
99GT
PICS
TRDGT4
here are a few pictures of her just after her first road test enjoy

ENGINE:

and the exterior minus the front indicators MIA

Rusty
loving it, those new lights look flash, how much for them?

Which TRD leads are you using?
parriehunter
Looking nice.

Wish I could afford a GT4...we can all dream.
808celica
can i steal your car???? lolz sick just purely sick.........what did you use to paint the brake calipers???
TRDGT4
QUOTE (Rusty @ May 28, 2008 - 2:05 AM) *
loving it, those new lights look flash, how much for them?

Which TRD leads are you using?

well you'll have to give me your arms and legs for those lights

as for the leads they are from an AE85 and i had to convert the coil ends to LS1 type

QUOTE (808celica @ May 28, 2008 - 4:47 AM) *
can i steal your car???? lolz sick just purely sick.........what did you use to paint the brake calipers???

ummm nah i would like to keep it for now lol biggrin.gif biggrin.gif the paint i used is a VHT caliper paint good old spary can then sandedoff the celica badge for added effect
Celica_Kid95st
Videos! Videos! I want to hear this beast. Great work man. I love every square inch of it biggrin.gif
TRDGT4
thanks for that as for Videos i'll wait untill i have had her tuned then i'll be able to push her in anger biggrin.gif biggrin.gif and besides i think i'll sound heaps better then too so stay tuned and i post it as soon as it happens
Rusty
plus you want to let her run in for a bit
stevest202
hi there wot a fantastic project it looks absolutely fantastic a credit to your hours of labour love it biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.