Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3bar map?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Kerr1
anybody know where i can find a 3bar map sensor?
Kerr1
i can make this wrk on my car? lol....i was thinking more of a plug n play....but for 60 bucks cnt beat that
RichieRichJP
AEM
jazzcornet
or you can buy an actual 3bar map from a genIII 3sgte. butexpect to pay dearly for it.

i know of one for sale for around $250shipped or so.
RichieRichJP
Wow, that makes the AEM one still cheaper! Do you know the part number for it?
devilsden97
not to jack this thread, but 3 bar? y?

14.7 psi = 1 bar

3 x 14.7psi = 44.1psi.....

i dont see a point to going over a 2bar map sensor (grant it im not very well educated)
lagos
QUOTE (devilsden97 @ Jun 9, 2008 - 1:05 AM) *
not to jack this thread, but 3 bar? y?

14.7 psi = 1 bar

3 x 14.7psi = 44.1psi.....

i dont see a point to going over a 2bar map sensor (grant it im not very well educated)

A 3 bar map sensor means...
Vac to 0 boost = 1bar
Then you have 1bar of boost on top of that = 14psi
Then one more bar = 28psi.

So a 3bar map can see about 28psi of boost, and should be more then enough for anyone.
Some people also use a 2.5bar map.

Its also worth asking why someone would need a 3bar map.
You should ONLY use one if you have an EMS.
For a bolt on turbo kit, you should run one that puts you closely to your target boost rate. Thats why for most bolt on kits a 2bar is recommended.
Kerr1
well im wrking on buildin a 5s beast and im planning on running 19 + psi...and i dnt wanna have to deal w/ an fcd so i was just wondering where to find a 3bar..thats all
x_itchy_b_x
biggrin.gif what?

what are you using to run this beast? EMS? if so you dont need to worry about an FCD. i dont follow you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.