Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help asap!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
maserati21
Hey guys, on my way home from work today the celica started running very rough and the power band was very ****ty, the chk engine light came on and is throwing off a code, not sure what it is..i think it could be and o2 sensor but am not sure, any help would be much appreciated..
bccentaur3
What year celica do you have? Do you know if its ob1 or ob2? You don't happen to have a cai set-up and ran over a puddle did you?
maserati21
No, but i noticed i used alot of gas on the way home, could it be wires? its idliling alittle higher than normal, just not much power at all. its giving off a chk engine code but i am not sure what it is..

its a 96 st hatch
stephen_lee
well get that code checked put at vato zone or somewhere.

it will pretty much tell you exactly whats wrong, but my guess would be really retarded ignition timing.
maybe a bad cam pos. sensor frown.gif
(happened to mine when i first got it kindasad.gif)
maserati21
I took it to auto zone and he hooked it up to the obd2 and cylinder 3 was miss firing,...so i bought new wires and its still running rough but not as bad i got some power back but, it still bogs down when you give it some gas..i got some new plugs im gonna put them in tom. and see if that was the prob. any other advice if thats not it would be appreciated thanks for the help..
Havok1997GT
If its just the number 3, its most likely just the plug. Replace those and see what happens. if that doesnt fix the problem. Get new Cap and Rotor and replace those, its like 20 bucks to get both of them. One thing you should check though when you take the cap and rotor off. While you are there check to see if you have oil inside the cap or on the inside of the distributor. Means you need a new distributor and FYI dont get it from anywhere other then Toyota. Auto Zone and Orileys just rebuild them and they are poorly rebuilt.

But thats just what you should do if the plugs dont work, again, its most likely just the plugs.
maserati21
Thanks bro for the help, i thinks one of the plugs i fould out or something , i just got a new cap an rotor like 8 months ago fro m toyota, yeah i learned the hard way the last one i got from auto zone a few years ago was poorly made.. kindasad.gif

Thanks bro for the help, i thinks one of the plugs i fould out or something , i just got a new cap an rotor like 8 months ago fro m toyota, yeah i learned the hard way the last one i got from auto zone a few years ago was poorly made.. kindasad.gif
nightryder
if changing the sparks doesnt do it, just play musical spark plugs to make sure everything is cool.
stephen_lee
musicals spark plugs.. lol
my freind did that and i was like dude.
firing order is 1-3-4-2
chill lol it was a b18 though
i think ours are 4-2-3-1
maserati21
yup it was the 3rd plug, totally broke the ceramic detination piece off, the wire must off arched and literally blew out the plug..thanks for all the input much appreciated....
stephen_lee
yep. thats the FIRST thing id suggest if you were getting a single cyl misfire
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.