Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LG Voyager?
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
cnelson
Does anything have this phone? If so what do you think of it, likes, dislikes, etc.. I've read almost every review and went into the verizon store to play with it, and i liked it. But i want to know what everyone else thinks who has had the phone for a while. I'm thinking about getting it. Its either the LG Voyager, or the HTC SMT 5800. Thanks guys.
Defgeph
If you like to carry your phone in your pocket don't get it. Its terrible.

The screen lock on all the verizon phones suck. It will unlock in your pocket and start doing whatever dailing people, going on the internet.

I've owned the voyager, and the new samsung glyde. Both have the same problems. If you want a touch screen phone get an iphone. I just picked up the env2, its a really nice phone. Or wait a couple of months for the new blackberry coming for verizon. That will be touch screen, I believe its called thunder.
GriffGirl
I just got a Voyager on Friday. So far, I love it. I totally agree with the above statements however about the screen lock and carrying it in your pocket. I'm not a purse kinda girl, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do once jacket season is over.

Here's my findings so far:
Pros: full of features, LOVE the GPS, internet, QWERTY keyboard, etc. Sound quality is excellent, ease of use pretty good (coming from years of Motorola use, so there's a little bit of a learning curve), looks awesome, color/screen quality is excellent, picture quality is excellent for a camera phone

Cons: speakerphone volume/GPS Navigation volume too low; it's RIDICULOUS that there's no trackball for internet navigation when flipped open; camera lacks flash which IMO is lame

The word is that LG is coming out with a new touch-screen for Verizon called the LG Dare. Looks like a Voyager but w/out the flip-open part. I got impatient and got my Voyager, also because I *think* the Dare will cost more and there's just a limit to what I'll spend on a phone. (I had my new every 2, so $250 out of pocket, w/$50 mail-in rebate)

I've heard nothing but good things about the Venus, too. I know a few people who have 'em and love 'em. I just liked the Voyager better.
cnelson
well, i heard about the locking part not working good. However i was thinking that i was going to be using a case to carry it around because i don't wanna scratch it up or something. So think this would help?

Also, i'm coming from owning a razor since they came out, about four years. And i am so tiered of motorola/att . I have always had problems with motorola phones. I heard that LG phones are much better built.

But i don't really wanna wait for something else to come out because it will be a lot of money, and i want the QWERTY keyboard.

So, i'm kinda in between, but ever since i saw the voyager i was in love with the phone.
GriffGirl
The case won't help with the locking part, because you need access to the front touch-screen, which is where the locking part comes into play. Truthfully I haven't had a whole lot of trouble w/the locking part myself, there's a switch on the side of the phone you can use to lock it, and by using that, I haven't had any major issues.

I will tell you, having come from Motorolas (I had the e815 and I absolutely loved it), it takes getting used to the LG; the texting (no i-TAP, it's totally different) takes a lot of getting used to. I still prefer the iTAP on the Motorola, but I'll take being able to text a lot without my damn phone crashing ANY day over the iTAP. Motorolas are NOTORIOUS for crashing w/heavy texting, not to mention the stupid alarm clock won't work if you get a text during the night and don't clear it out. LAME! If you fell in love w/the Voyager when you saw it, then get it, I don't think you'll be sorry. It really is a cool-ass phone, especially for those of us who simply refuse to go back to AT&T/Cingular. (I'd take an iPhone over any other any day, but not if it means leaving Verizon. I'm very happy w/Verizon, and was pretty unhappy w/AT&T after the merger)
cnelson
Yes me too, AT&T has just gone down hill. Verizon is the major player now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.