Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: axle problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
my96celica
So I just put the rubber boot in where the axle go's in.It was damaged now I got the axle in but it moves up and down is that normal?Also it leaks gear oil because the axle will not go in all the way and that stuff is not cheap ya know,I tried pulling axle back out and it moves in and out like 1/8 of an inch.Why?Is it okay to drive I mean the axle is in all the way but like 1/8 of an inch?I think it might be the little ring clip that go's around the axle.

Any help would be thankful
Remy
Which side ?? Drivers or passenger axle ?? And yes you could of damaged the axle seal when you removed the axle which will cause tranny fluid to spill or you could of installed the axle incorrectly thats why it was leaking.
my96celica
It's the driver side and the boot is good the axle moves up and down a little I checked the boot around the axle and no leak then I checked the drain plug for the tranny still no leak now the bolts around the driver side axle (there are 5)they go in a circle around the axle I tightened them also still leaks would really like to sell and get a gt4 though
Remy
QUOTE (my96celica @ Jun 4, 2008 - 2:45 PM) *
So I just put the rubber boot in where the axle go's in.It was damaged now I got the axle in but it moves up and down is that normal?Also it leaks gear oil because the axle will not go in all the way and that stuff is not cheap ya know,I tried pulling axle back out and it moves in and out like 1/8 of an inch.Why?Is it okay to drive I mean the axle is in all the way but like 1/8 of an inch?I think it might be the little ring clip that go's around the axle.

Any help would be thankful

That means its not properly installed go back and try it again, make sure to lightly tap the axle into the tranny. One way to know if its in correctly is to see if you can pull it out of the tranny if not then its in correctly. wink.gif

my96celica
Okay I just checked and the axle in really in there.It moves in and out like it suppost to but the up and down I don't know frown.gif
also I was woundering the peice around the axle(forget what it's called)It's a skinny plate with like 5 or 6 bolts I took out and put back in.Could i have put it in wrong?it has groves on it like I need to turn to right position.by the way I tried taking the axle out again today and no luck any ideals on y it's stuck?
Remy
Can you get some pics up ?? To remove your drivers side axle your gonna have to twist and pull the axle back out its splined so they won't come out until you twist them a certain degree then pull it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.