Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worked on the tranny today
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Phr0z3n664
My car had been acting funny the past 2 weeks, so I check my tranny fluid and it's burnt to high hell, so this morning I jacked the car up and let the fluid drain.
Notes:
For those w/ Auto tranny GT it is 15 bolts, make sure of that when you get a new gasket, and make sure the gasket is neoprene(rubber) and RTV Blue(silicon based caulk)

Magnets in pan are for any metal shaving that come from grinding, etc You need to keep them

Anyways,
I unbolted the pan and cleaned it w/ brake/carb cleaner and saw one of my magnets was broke in half but that's no biggie (any small magnet will do)

I took the filter off and put the new one in, and bolted the pan back up, funneld about 2 quarts Dexron III(they stopped making Dexron II recently if you notice it says that on your tranny dipstick) and some trans-ex to clean the tranny out abit, and now it's running great! biggrin.gif

If you have any questions about basic servicing on transmissions(auto or std<-real simple) I will be glad to help and it will save about $50.
Phr0z3n664
Arghh the only bad thing that happened today was that I found that my Tanabe muffler has 2 huge dents in it.... They have been doing construction back around where I live, and the trucks destroyed the asphalt, which I didn't see until I felt it hit......

How can I knock dents out of a muffler? I dunno why it bothers me, but I want to be able to fix the dents....
Coomer
QUOTE (Phr0z3n664 @ Sep 7, 2003 - 4:29 PM)
How can I knock dents out of a muffler? I dunno why it bothers me, but I want to be able to fix the dents....

I don't think you can take dents out of a muffler. I've never seen it done or heard about anyone doing it.
blkGT
ding king

im j/j biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.