Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5sfte timing setting
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
1994toyotaracer
hi guys i have an apexi neo for my fuel manage and was wondering what the ignition timing should be set at my car doesnt seem to want to go past 5500rpms

thanks
devilsden97
IIRC its 15degrees retarted.

(PLEASE PLEASE dont quote me on this... im not 100%)
presure2
it should be set like stock, 10*BTDC.

your prolly choking on fuel, especially if your just starting tuning, at low boost.

the less boost your running, the more fuel you will need to remove with the SAFC
1994toyotaracer
QUOTE (presure2 @ Jun 9, 2008 - 6:50 AM) *

your prolly choking on fuel, especially if your just starting tuning, at low boost.

the less boost your running, the more fuel you will need to remove with the SAFC

plus the factor that someone told me to set it at 8* timing that wouldnt help either so your saying that i need to remove more fuel ont the top end to allow it to go up the rpms or is the bottom end screwing things up
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (1994toyotaracer @ Jun 9, 2008 - 3:58 PM) *
QUOTE (presure2 @ Jun 9, 2008 - 6:50 AM) *

plus the factor that someone told me to set it at 8* timing that wouldnt help either so your saying that i need to remove more fuel ont the top end to allow it to go up the rpms or is the bottom end screwing things up

first of all i have heard from alot of tunning places around here that the neo's really are not that great to use..if i was u i would check out AEM's fuel and ignition controller its about 400$ and its made to correct fuel and ignition 100% rather than the neo's and safc which only are able to make corrections to about 50%..they are made for n/a cars being boosted it keeps your timming under control and retards timming under boost wich is why alot of car get detanation bacause the timming dont match rpm,fuel,and boost pressure..if ur car isnt goin past 5500 then ur car isnt tunned right, i would imagine you need more fuel up top of ur RPM's taking fuel out will get u to run lean and cause detanation..you need to figure out if ur running lean or rich through out the RPM's..
scooterman
i checked the stock timing map on a 96 camry the other day. if you boost a 5s on the stock timing 10* base. you will be fine in the upper boost range over 10 psi but might be slightly advanced under low boost.

96 camry was ~~ 17-25 from 80-100kpa, 30-45 from 40-70kpa, 10-25 from 20-39kpa all depending on rpm too

this said some poeple recommend an msd btm. I belive in my opinion that the btm will pull too much timing when above 8-9 psi of boost. below that it should help, becuase the timing map would be much more advanced in that range.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.