Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New turbo kit on market
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Smaay
For those that dont know me, i produce a turbo kit for the 7th gen celica. i have information all over www.newcelica.org. well i just happen to pick up a 97 GT and i will be boosting it. im going to use all my stock All-Trac stuff for manifold turbo and downpipe. what i am going to build is a FMIC kit with all the piping and etc. so my quesstion is how much demand is there for me to produce this kit? im guessing cost wil be about 600.00 including clamps, couplers, intercooler, and pipes powdercoated any color.
D-Man
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

$600 turbo kit?

You might want to digg some info and check some stickys. Pressure2's post is absolute gold. It is not possible to turbo our cars with $600. wink.gif I've spent that much and only have half the parts, and several were free. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Forced Induction Stickys:

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29705
jcaron9gt4
QUOTE (D-Man @ Jun 11, 2008 - 11:45 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

$600 turbo kit?

You might want to digg some info and check some stickys. Pressure2's post is absolute gold. It is not possible to turbo our cars with $600. wink.gif I've spent that much and only have half the parts, and several were free. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Forced Induction Stickys:

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29705

He's producing a FMIC Kit, not a whole turbo kit. rolleyes.gif
terqui
Reading comprehension ftw!
D-Man
my fault. All this talk of kits rolleyes.gif (there has been alot of that lately)

Build and show some pics of this kit and people may be interested...

Also what kind of parts will you be including in this? what kind of IC? Andysautosport can set you up 100% for close to 350-400 (with heavy shipping)
DEATH
D-Man: I assume these will be bolt on no mod kind of kits for people with slightly higher budgets than the average 5S-FTE guy. Imagine what I have on my car coming in the mail in peices coated to your color spec with instructions for installation. Actually I wish you had deeper pockets and these were already available - it would make a whole day probably disappear from our work load.
GriffGirl
What I wanna know is what kind of compatibility issues this would have for an ST. I'm probably a good year or so away, but I wanna BOOOOOST
Smaay
this wouldnt support the 7A-FTE because likei posted, this is for a 5S-FTE with the stock 3S-GTE manifold, turbo and CATdownpipe. it will require clocking teh turbo down, thats it. pipes and all will bolt right up
GriffGirl
Yes I saw that it's for a 5s, but since I'm new at the turbo thing, I thought it was worth inquiring. I must have missed that part in your first post about the stock 3S-GTE manifold. Hmm. G/L w/the production and sales though.
DEATH
QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Jun 11, 2008 - 1:25 PM) *
Yes I saw that it's for a 5s, but since I'm new at the turbo thing, I thought it was worth inquiring. I must have missed that part in your first post about the stock 3S-GTE manifold. Hmm. G/L w/the production and sales though.

That would only require one peice to be modified - it'd be a good start anyway.
Smaay
yes if everything lines up then it can be used
LeonStryfe
I'm actually part of the newcelica forum, I've been browsing for a 7th gen 6 speed gts actually. lol Smaay will be good with his word, his turbo is one of the nicest ones ive seen. His plan will make it a lot easier.

BTW smaay, which celica do you find more fun to drive? the 7th or the 6th just curious?
bccentaur3
I was part of the newcelica.org website too when I owned my 7th gen.

Smaay, will you be welding the piping and eliminate excess couplers? Plus it will look cleaner.
Smaay
i like the 7th gen the best. "lift" feels good! but i do like driving the 6th gen. i have a 7th gen GT-S 6 speed for sale. too bad you are in NY
D-Man
Any progress on the IC piping?
joehernandez
if i like your job!
i would be up for one!
could you please put some pictures
azn87
how much for the whole kit? and is it a direct bolt on?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.