Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: boost
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
xxFROZENxx
hey guys just want to know what is the minimum and maximum boost for a 5sfte? and also what is the stock boost? thanks
presure2
QUOTE (xxFROZENxx @ Jun 15, 2008 - 5:02 AM) *
hey guys just want to know what is the minimum and maximum boost for a 5sfte? and also what is the stock boost? thanks

the correct answer is 0.
there IS no minimum or maximum. or "stock" boost level for that matter.
its all dependant on the parts you add to the 5s to make it a turbo engine.

terqui
Stock boost is actually 14.7 psi as it is for all cars. That is stock atmospheric pressure.
DEATH
QUOTE (terqui @ Jun 15, 2008 - 3:08 PM) *
Stock boost is actually 14.7 psi as it is for all cars. That is stock atmospheric pressure.

laugh.gif Your gonna blow the minds of some of our dimmer members laugh.gif
That would make stock boost for a 3rd Gen 3S close to 30PSI biggrin.gif
FreddyTheOthaMeat
QUOTE (DEATH @ Jun 16, 2008 - 6:07 AM) *

laugh.gif Your gonna blow the minds of some of our dimmer members laugh.gif
That would make stock boost for a 3rd Gen 3S close to 30PSI biggrin.gif

or if your metric it would be 1 Bar I think..
presure2

actually, no.
the term "boost" represents anything above "atmospheric pressure"
anything below "atmospheric pressure" would be vacume.
D-Man
Also, atmospheric pressure changes depending on how high over or below sea-level you are, yeah? So any assigned PSI would only apply to the car at that same location that it was measured. But someone across the country, say near the sea or on top a mountain, would have varying results.
CelicaGT04
I LOVE THE INTERNET!!! WE CAN ALL SEE HOW SMART IT MAKES US SOUND!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Presure2 is right, since the 5sfe is initially a N/A car. Wouldnt it be smart to assume it really has no reliable stock, minimum, or maximum boost. Just a variation of quality of parts and efficiency of tune will allow for your 5sfte to achieve stable stock boost, maximum boost via your motor and tune..
xxFROZENxx
ok guys .. my tuner says just run 8-9 psi atm with the safc..to run more boost he want me to upgrade my piggyback ecu so he has more room to play with.. what piggyback ecu should i buy? is a greddy ultimate good? and also i notice my clutch is slipping... what clutch do you guys recommend i should get? i found some clutch kits in the US ebay site.... are they any good? thanks..
Smaay
i would never get a clutch from Ebay. i suggest Southbendclutch.com click on the import link and give Andy a call. he will get you what you need. i have a southbend in my All-Trac, my 600HP celica, and my supra. i love them. excellent customer support and service too
CelicaGT04
QUOTE (xxFROZENxx @ Jun 17, 2008 - 4:21 AM) *
ok guys .. my tuner says just run 8-9 psi atm with the safc..to run more boost he want me to upgrade my piggyback ecu so he has more room to play with.. what piggyback ecu should i buy? is a greddy ultimate good? and also i notice my clutch is slipping... what clutch do you guys recommend i should get? i found some clutch kits in the US ebay site.... are they any good? thanks..

SAFCII is more than all you will need for your 5sfte i would say. But then again, thats just my .02!
xxFROZENxx
im running a safc1 already... what the differences in a safc 1 and 2?
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (xxFROZENxx @ Jun 19, 2008 - 6:16 AM) *
im running a safc1 already... what the differences in a safc 1 and 2?

you should check out AEM's fuel/ ignition controler it is a piggy back system which is basicly for n/a cars being boosted they have an on board map sensor and out perform's the safc's and neo that just came out due to the programing and they are alot easier and reliable compared to the other piggy back's just go to aempower.com and look up aem F/IC
CelicaGTS94
SAFC2 is a decent unit for minor tuning, not to mention cheap if your gonna be running low boost that is. I saw no need to spend $1000 or so on a stand alone just to run 7-8 PSI. Wish I had someone around here who knows how to tune the SAFC2. I have tried a few things,like standard setup and such. But don't want to mess things up and hurt the car. I have had it in the car for almost a year now, with no one to tune it. I plan on running a 5sfte, but i want to get a fresher motor than swap it. I already have all I need except BOV and cooler pipe! oh yes and the new 5sfe!! wonder where I could get a decent one. anyone ever deal with Tiger japanese?? they have decent prices.
CelicaGT04
QUOTE (CelicaGTS94 @ Jun 26, 2008 - 9:59 AM) *
SAFC2 is a decent unit for minor tuning, not to mention cheap if your gonna be running low boost that is. I saw no need to spend $1000 or so on a stand alone just to run 7-8 PSI. Wish I had someone around here who knows how to tune the SAFC2. I have tried a few things,like standard setup and such. But don't want to mess things up and hurt the car. I have had it in the car for almost a year now, with no one to tune it. I plan on running a 5sfte, but i want to get a fresher motor than swap it. I already have all I need except BOV and cooler pipe! oh yes and the new 5sfe!! wonder where I could get a decent one. anyone ever deal with Tiger japanese?? they have decent prices.

The best way to learn is to experiment.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.