Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Swap ideas pt. 374
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Penkka
I´ve been wondering about turning the 3S-GTE 90 degrees, and making it RWD..
has it been done, it would make an awesome drifter..?
Penkka
I guess if I bought a RHD GT4 and teared it up, I´d need gastank, differential and axles. The engine of course, and it would need custom header and some custom wireing.. Big job, but it would be mad!

Think about it, going to a track day, everyone thinking its stock GT with 175hp and FWD.. But then going sideways with turbo roaming biggrin.gif
terqui
You can do anything you want as long as you have the money/time/skills.
Punch
check the import tuner they put a RWD beams in a TC...
Razgriz
Thats a popular swap for corollas. (ae86) There are a couple local drift guys that have the 3sgte ae86. It's a good motor for that kind of project. I mean one of the Top Secret Top Speed Supras is powered by a 3sgte, as well as several GT Supras. (along with countless drag cars.) But as far as fwd to rwd conversion celica powered 3sgte...waste of money, and time because most likely youd dump the project after a while.

If you really want a rwd 3sgte celica though. the best way to go about it, IMHO is to buy a 5th gen alltrac, and do a fwd delete. there a few done like this. i do not know the specifics though.

my mistake, i was assuming you were in america and did not have access to a gt4.
Penkka
No, I do have an access to GT4, and for about ~8000$ maybe, but it´s RHD and tax-free. So I can take every part I need to my own celi, and make it a sleeper tongue.gif Not still sure about when I´m going to do it, and wether its going to be RWD or AWD..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.