Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CT26A
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
supra12big
Hi, my buddy pulled this off a friends car a little while ago, I had a hard time identifing it, I dunno what it could be, the turbine is cernamic, so I am not sure, any help would be nice, thanks

Pics..

thanks again
DEATH
Looks to be a standard Dual Entry [as apposed to the Supra single entry version] CT-26 with ceramic turbine.

Now this poses a question I have heard conflicting answers to - who got the ceramic version? The regular USDM issue, the JDM issue or the CS/RC versions? The literature I have read says it was the CS/RC cars that got it but a very informed person on this site told me the USDM alltracs got it. Anyone know the real story?
Insanity-74
ST205 turbo ct26c2 ??????
DEATH
QUOTE (Insanity-74 @ Jun 16, 2008 - 4:21 PM) *

Excuse me - what? You guys got more than one option too?
Insanity-74
QUOTE (DEATH @ Jun 16, 2008 - 9:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Insanity-74 @ Jun 16, 2008 - 4:21 PM) *

Excuse me - what? You guys got more than one option too?

The st205 comes with either a ceramic turbo (JDM ST205) or a steel turbo (UK WRC) but as far as I know they are both called CT26c2.

There is no such turbo as a ct20b...I dont know where this originated from and it has spread world wide onto forums, suppliers etc as a generic name for an st205 turbo, but it is incorrect...if you check with toyota you`ll see the turbo designated the ct26c2.
DEATH
Learn something new everyday. I will say this - my old CT-20b [or CT-26c2 as you say] did not say CT-26 on it like some I've seen nor did it say CT-20b - just said Toyota [tho some CT-26's don't either].
lagos
QUOTE (DEATH @ Jun 16, 2008 - 3:59 PM) *
Looks to be a standard Dual Entry [as apposed to the Supra single entry version] CT-26 with ceramic turbine.

Now this poses a question I have heard conflicting answers to - who got the ceramic version? The regular USDM issue, the JDM issue or the CS/RC versions? The literature I have read says it was the CS/RC cars that got it but a very informed person on this site told me the USDM alltracs got it. Anyone know the real story?

All jdm ct26's are ceramic
All usdm ct26's are steal

The turbo in the picture looks like a normal ceramic ct26 from a jdm st185.
alltracman78
No, all USDM turbos are steel.
All REGULAR JDM turbos are ceramic.
The RC turbos are steel.
lagos
QUOTE (alltracman78 @ Jun 16, 2008 - 6:41 PM) *
The RC turbos are steel.

What year did toyota use a ceramic turbo in a usdm car?
supra12big
so this turbo is a jdm ct26c2?
lagos
QUOTE (supra12big @ Jun 16, 2008 - 9:22 PM) *

Its a normal ct26 from a jdm st185. Its not a ct20b or ct26c2 (where did this name come from?).
supra12big
Insanity-74 said something about ct26c2
lagos
QUOTE (supra12big @ Jun 16, 2008 - 9:47 PM) *
Insanity-74 said something about ct26c2

Hes talking about the ct20b..aka the turbo that comes on the st205. This is not what you have.
supra12big
okay, btw how much do one of theses go for?
Insanity-74
QUOTE (lagos @ Jun 17, 2008 - 2:36 AM) *

Its a normal ct26 from a jdm st185. Its not a ct20b or ct26c2 (where did this name come from?).

The ct26c2 is the correct name for the st205 turbo which has become known incorrectly as a ct20b.
Cuts_the_Pilot
yes ct26c2 is the correct name for the ct20b, but thats what most ppl call it and its easier so im sticking to it lol... and to be fair the ct20b isnt just on 205 its also on series 2 sw20 mr2 (IE its on all gen 3 3sgte), and thats deff not one of those its a gen2 ct26. (as gen 1 3sgte and 7mgte ct26's are single entry)

ohh and all ADM ct26 and ct20b are steel also.
lagos
QUOTE (Insanity-74 @ Jun 17, 2008 - 4:13 AM) *

The ct26c2 is the correct name for the st205 turbo which has become known incorrectly as a ct20b.

Where did you hear that term from? Ive never once seen it in any of toyotas documents.
Btw, can we just keep calling it the ct20b? Everyone knows what that is, and it creates less confusion.
x_itchy_b_x
indeed. jdm ct26 ceramic exhaust turbine. pretty common.
alltracman78
QUOTE (lagos @ Jun 16, 2008 - 5:46 PM) *
QUOTE (alltracman78 @ Jun 16, 2008 - 6:41 PM) *
The RC turbos are steel.

What year did toyota use a ceramic turbo in a usdm car?

Perhaps this would have been less confusing. smile.gif

QUOTE (lagos @ Jun 16, 2008 - 5:32 PM) *
All jdm ct26's are ceramic
All usdm ct26's are steal

No,
All REGULAR JDM CT26s are ceramic.
The RC CT26 is steel.
All USDM CT26s are also steel.
DEATH
OK so just to complete the thoughts here: do CS editions have the steal version like the RC's?
alltracman78
That I don't know for sure.
Going by what I know of Toyotas, I would guess yes, they are steel.
Toyota seems to not worry quite so much about longevity for thier market [JDM], hence the ceramic turbines [aren't as strong] and more aggressive ECUs [more stress on the engine]; but does seem to put much more emphasis on longevity in other markets.
Insanity-74
QUOTE (lagos @ Jun 17, 2008 - 3:35 PM) *
QUOTE (Insanity-74 @ Jun 17, 2008 - 4:13 AM) *

Where did you hear that term from? Ive never once seen it in any of toyotas documents.
Btw, can we just keep calling it the ct20b? Everyone knows what that is, and it creates less confusion.

lagos
What is that document from? looks like an excel sheet someone made.
And mitsu made a few of the ct26? First time I've heard of that.
Insanity-74
I dont know where it came from to be honest, but the initial information came from one of the most knowledgable blokes on the GT4 Owners club so I have no doubt that it is 100% correct...but believe it or not its entirely up to everyone who reads this I guess..I dont expect that I`ll change the way people think or what people call the ct26b /ct26c2.....take it or leave it, its entirely up to you smile.gif

found this link

http://www.turbo-product.com/Toyota/
lagos
So, in essence its another made up name like the ct20b.
I've yet to see any TOYOTA documents that have a name for that turbo.

Also, the naming scheme that company posted is kind of odd. They have the st185 listed as c3 and the st205 listed as c2? Its strange because you would think the part numbers would be sequential with the st185 being c2 and the 205 being c3.
lagos
But its interesting to know that holset and garret made a few turbo's for toyota.
KKK did do, but man...They really need to change their company name. lol
supra12big
wow, this thread really has gone somewhere
Insanity-74
QUOTE (lagos @ Jun 17, 2008 - 5:17 PM) *
So, in essence its another made up name like the ct20b.
I've yet to see any TOYOTA documents that have a name for that turbo.

Also, the naming scheme that company posted is kind of odd. They have the st185 listed as c3 and the st205 listed as c2? Its strange because you would think the part numbers would be sequential with the st185 being c2 and the 205 being c3.

Hmmm never noticed that...aaah well...just stick with the good old ct20b then.
DEATH
No the information was interesting if nothing else. Thanks for sharing that - some of want to know as much as we can about the equipment we work with. biggrin.gif

On a sidenote: I just saw the biggest fcuking turbo I've ever seen in my life in cutaway in a business meeting. It had some really cool anti-lag technology built right into the housings but all in all vary much like an automotive Turbocharger. I wish I had at least had a cellphone with camera with me. I go back to this place fairly regularly so I'll try to get pics so I can show you guys.
But seriously - this turbo was a s big as our whole engine bays and as tall as our roofs - Imagine the kenetic/thermal energy required just to spin the thing biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.