Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ignition upgrade for 7afte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
akiyama
I'm thinking of upgrading my ignition system. whats the best for a 7afte? will an msd 6al do?
CelicaST_CALI
anyone?
OOBE
Out of curiosity, why do you need (or want) to upgrade the ignition? Is it not giving you enough spark? I'm boosting 15 PSI on OEM spark plug cables and ignition and I haven't had the need to upgrade. smile.gif
akiyama
QUOTE (OOBE @ Jul 4, 2008 - 7:10 PM) *
Out of curiosity, why do you need (or want) to upgrade the ignition? Is it not giving you enough spark? I'm boosting 15 PSI on OEM spark plug cables and ignition and I haven't had the need to upgrade. smile.gif

seems that its not giving enough spark on high rpm. when i do standing rev on my car up to 7000 rpm a lot of black smoke came out of my exhaust pipe. seems like its giving a lot fuel to the mixture and its not burned well. Im boosting at 15 psi
makolsjam
QUOTE (akiyama @ Jul 21, 2008 - 11:28 PM) *

seems that its not giving enough spark on high rpm. when i do standing rev on my car up to 7000 rpm a lot of black smoke came out of my exhaust pipe. seems like its giving a lot fuel to the mixture and its not burned well. Im boosting at 15 psi

bro eto na try mo na?

Pivot Voltage Stabilizer Sparks
Brings out 100% of your ignition coils performance!
Made in Japan by PIVOT.
akiyama
not yet bro. saan meron niyan? how much? ano sya voltage regulator or pang improve din ng ignition?
makolsjam
QUOTE (akiyama @ Jul 22, 2008 - 3:30 AM) *
not yet bro. saan meron niyan? how much? ano sya voltage regulator or pang improve din ng ignition?

uu sabi saken parang same din lng ng msd at mas mura 5k php brand new yun available d2 sa pinas biggrin.gif iba pa yung pivot voltage regulator sa battery yun spark sa ignition

e2 yung sa voltage stabilizer

yung voltage stabilizer tatlong klase pang audio,volt stabilizer lng at volt stabiziler with cables
akiyama
saan available bro?
OOBE
QUOTE (akiyama @ Jul 21, 2008 - 9:28 PM) *

How is the gap on your spark plugs? My Supra used to do that. I thought my ignition system was not up to par, but it ended up being the gap that was too big.
CelicaST_CALI
QUOTE (OOBE @ Jul 27, 2008 - 6:41 PM) *
QUOTE (akiyama @ Jul 21, 2008 - 9:28 PM) *

How is the gap on your spark plugs? My Supra used to do that. I thought my ignition system was not up to par, but it ended up being the gap that was too big.

now i see y ur doing that to ur celica smile.gif lol
SoundSlut_dotcom
English. maannnn
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.