Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NO SPEEDO or TACH Help!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
highspeedjbt
So I had a thread on here about the axle seal leaking from the tranny, I ended up just fixing that with a rigged up seal(made up of 2 seals and alot of sealent) so now it is on to the next problem. I have no tach or speedo signal to the dash. In fact the only thing that works on the cluster is the fuel. I have an external temp and oil gauge so that is no biggy, but I would like to know why my speedo doesnt work. The car has an st185 tranny with mr2 gears, but I am pretty sure that the sensor is fine....it is new. I was wondering what kinda mods do I need to do to get it to work in my car. Thanks and if this isn't enough info just lmk.
DEATH
Join the club [tho mine is probably for a different reason]. Just to help the problem solving guru's on here - is this in a 6th gen or an ST-185?
highspeedjbt
QUOTE (DEATH @ Jun 17, 2008 - 4:56 PM) *
Join the club [tho mine is probably for a different reason]. Just to help the problem solving guru's on here - is this in a 6th gen or an ST-185?

its in a 6gen. The tranny is an st185 and the engine is jdm mr2
DEATH
Any particular reason why you didn't keep the stock s54 tranny [or were you ST to begin with?]
lubu
QUOTE (DEATH @ Jun 18, 2008 - 9:57 PM) *
Any particular reason why you didn't keep the stock s54 tranny [or were you ST to begin with?]

He probably converted the AWD tranny to FWD. Nice..I heard something like the tach and speedo sensors on the AWD tran are mechanical not electrical.
DEATH
The MR2's are cable driven and I think the 5th gens too but IDK. Alltracman would know.
As for using the AWD tranny - there are obvious reasons for wanting to do this [LSD, beefier syncro setup etc] but I've heard mixed results. The only guy I've ever talked to that did this said he was unhappy with the setup [can't remember why tho] and was at the time looking for an e153 or if not that then at least an s54.
Good luck to you highspeedjbt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.