Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: usdm v's jdm
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
95celigt
would it be easier to swap a 5th gen alltrac motor then one from a jdm car? how much is really involved with wiring this motor? does any body make a harness to make it easier? i would really like to do the swap but depending on how hard it is i will do a turbo on the stock motor. i need to decide soon so i can have everything ready by december. any help will be very helpfull.
Coomer
Well, USDM ST185 3S-GTE engines only have 200 horsepower, compared to 225 in the JDM version. Also, they're probably much harder to find and more expensive, plus people have swapped in the JDM ones, so you'd be able to get more help with the swap.
Matthew
do the JDM swap

if you need help with the wiring you have to take your harness off and the 3s-gte harness off and send it to someone to have them ummm do it.

hehe

if you have Aol Instant Messenger you can IM "Qatar11"

his name is mike.

he will do your wiring for like 450 i think

thats he quoted me for a 3rd gen 3s-gte. might be a little less for a 2nd gen 3s-gte.

Supersprynt
Its not any easier. Around 350 for Mike to do the ST185 wiring. I didnt have him do mine, but he helped me out alot.
sphinx
yeah, send it to Quatar11.

I'm sending him my harness's next week.

XSTeknique
USDM motors will have higher mileage on them most likely. The only ones you'll find are probably from people who've swapped to a JDM motor. Go JDM, contact Jarcoinc.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.