Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you guys think about this EBC?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
bccentaur3
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HDi-WRX-Ele...emZ330247502989

It looks like it will do the job and is realy cheap. Am I better off with a MBC instead?
bccentaur3
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jun 28, 2008 - 8:21 PM) *

It looks like it will do the job and is realy cheap. Am I better off with a MBC instead?

I understand that its for a wrx, but why wouldn't it work on a 3sgte?
southwest2118
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jun 29, 2008 - 8:55 PM) *
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jun 28, 2008 - 8:21 PM) *

wrxs are four wheel drive dude and most celicas are two wheel drive ....thus the boost controller will crash when it doesn't see a rear differential
GTSOwner
QUOTE (southwest2118 @ Jun 29, 2008 - 11:38 PM) *
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jun 29, 2008 - 8:55 PM) *

wrxs are four wheel drive dude and most celicas are two wheel drive ....thus the boost controller will crash when it doesn't see a rear differential

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The differential has nothing to do with it. The reason why it might be application specific is that the plug is plug and play with the stock wiring.
bccentaur3
Thank you^.

Southwest, I hope you don't think I'm that stupid. I did my research on this certain ebc and only wrx guys use them. If you go on to the companies website they talk about how it wires right up to the wrx harness.

I'm stuck on one thing. Will they offer a wiring diagram for all types of cars, or is it just wrx specific?

I tried googling it and it seems like the skyline guys use them, but I don't think its this same exact type ebc.
GTSOwner
Worse comes to worse, just wire everything up manually. If they supply a wiring diagram, it should be easy enough.
bccentaur3
The thing is, I won't know which wire goes where. I can wire up a safc all day long. But can I do it with an electronic boost controller? Not sure.
GTSOwner
How complicated can it be? I mean, I've never installed an EBC but what makes sense to me that would be there is : constant 12v, switched 12v, ground, signal (goes to the solenoid, so no wiring to factory harness), MAYBE illumination.

If you can install an SAFC, this is *probably* a piece of cake for you wiring wise.
bccentaur3
Yeah, I looked more into it and its the basic. 12v power, ground signal. Really nothing into the ecu, but this other one cost more. Same company and boost controller but diff. because its not wrx specific.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.