Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turbo question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
95celicastLSR
i currently have a hybrid t3 50 trim turbo that i bought used and was set up for internal wastgate..i wanna run an external wastgate but i need to know if you leave the hole open or shut where the internal wastegate acctuator closes and opens.. i was goin to take an edducated guess and assum you have to weld it shut but want to make sure thats right before i go ahead and do that ....Thanx lance
GTSOwner
Unplug the wastegate actuator and weld the flapper shut.
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (GTSOwner @ Jun 30, 2008 - 7:12 PM) *

all the wastegate stuff has allready been taken off...thnx
trd94
QUOTE (95celicastLSR @ Jun 30, 2008 - 6:37 PM) *

hi lance , whats up . all you have to do is get a flange with the hole blocked off and then you can run a external wastegate , make sure to get a gasket with it as well . if you need any help just call biggrin.gif
95celicastLSR
QUOTE (trd94 @ Jul 4, 2008 - 5:53 PM) *
QUOTE (95celicastLSR @ Jun 30, 2008 - 6:37 PM) *

hi lance , whats up . all you have to do is get a flange with the hole blocked off and then you can run a external wastegate , make sure to get a gasket with it as well . if you need any help just call biggrin.gif

just trying to get this car done but waiting on some more money for the tune and my aem piggyback im using. Pure tunning is goin to do the tune and they have to custom wire the aem F/IG controler in for me but other than that when i install everything you more than welcome to help me out..thnx again!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.