Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone diagnose my issues.
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
bccentaur3
I have a 2nd gen 3sgte swap with the factory top mount a2a intercooler. I have the gt-four front end so I thought it would be okay to run the top mount for right now until I get my buddies w2a intercooler. Well anyway I got on the high way and pushed it a little making 10 lbs. I went to go pick my sis up and then got back on the highway heading back home. Now I am stuck at 6 lbs of boost with no cel. I think I'm in low boost mode, but how?
bccentaur3
could it be the gas? My dad took my car out and put gas in and I asked him what gas he put in and he didn't respond. Then I told him that it has to be premium, then he said yeah I put premium in.
Muggs
Sounds like you're in limp mode. it's possible that low octane gas allowed enough detonation to send the ecu into limp mode.
Hopefully the 3sgte experts will chime in...
lagos
STOP BOOSTING WITH THAT A2A TOPMOUNT.
There is no hood scoop on the gt4 hood for that thing to function at all. If you keep boosting it, you will damage your motor. You either pulled timing/boost from detonation, or heatsoaked the cooler. Either way, you should get rid of that thing ASAP.
bccentaur3
HOLY CRAP!!! I've been doing this for the past couple of weeks. I honestly thought it would be okay. I guess I won't hit boost until I pick up my buddies A2W.
paul_gt4
yeah bacially you need a scoop like an impreza's or what my 1st GT4 had on my ST185ATA, it ventilated the TMIC with air rammed into the scoop, hence the reason it was air to air, my next GT4 was the carlos sainz edition which came with the same set up as all 205's and it came with a vent and not a scoop, its there to serve a purpose of venting warm air to atmosphere keeping engine bay temperatures lower, chance are you may have got it lucky and the car got itself into limp mode before any serious damage was done, i'd be going for either one of 3 options 1. get rid of the TMIC 2. fit a FMIC 3. fit a Chargecooler

ATA Scoop which you should have fitted (my mates car)

and his engine bay

the vent is there to force feed air onto TMIC as pic shows
lubu
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jul 1, 2008 - 10:02 AM) *
could it be the gas? My dad took my car out and put gas in and I asked him what gas he put in and he didn't respond. Then I told him that it has to be premium, then he said yeah I put premium in.

You shouldnt even run the car with that bonnet, it just wasnt design for that Top Mount. Get the w2a immediately, meanwhile dont use the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.