Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afte swap into 3sgte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
d3vil_celica
hi i have a 95 celica st turbo but im not boosting at all because i bought the car that came with the turbo and i guess the kid did a bad job on puttting the turbo in so right now i been driving the car with no boost at all and but i planning of thinking swapping in a 3sgte but i dunno if i should ar just fixed the turbo so can you guys help me and if you anybody that has the whole gt rear disc brake setup message me because i really like 4 disc brake better then 2
bccentaur3
did you check to see if you or the kid blew a coupler off of the intercooler piping?
d3vil_celica
yea the intercooler was on i think on of the coopling was loose on the turbo but its weirds like when i floor shift to first and put in gas the car like pulls back i dunno i think its the clutch or something weird
95st-celica
7afte-FTL

3s-gte-FTMFW

its all a matter of prefernece i guess though...i mean if the 7a is a simple fix then i woud go with that...less agravation in the long run....but if your looking for a lot more power then the 3s is def. the better road to take...it has sooo much more potential then a 7a will ever have
bccentaur3
If I were you, I'd look every where to see if you have one major boost leak. Look behind the fender well.
GriffGirl
I thought swapping a 3sgte into an ST was a complete PITA because the motor mounts present challenges/issues that the GT body doesn't present. I'd fix the turbo setup if it was me.
D-Man
x3 on that, if it's already ready already, just fix the problem. Besides, (Someone will be in later to say) the 3s don't drop into the USDM ST's shell. It' requires a bit of modification. I believe one of the supra engines drop into it though smile.gif

But if you have a running engine, and it's setup for turbo right now, Why not fix the problem and run that engine for a bit; while you wait for the whole process of Getting the 3s?
CelicaST_CALI
ou know u have to put premium into a 7afte right??7afte pwns all other....
d3vil_celica
yea i been putting premuim and damn the gas price is crazy tho and what kind of mount do you have to do to get the 3sgte engine in
CelicaST_CALI
hahah in an ST it is a pita ive heard,just fix the 7afte,they put plenty of power to the ground:)and if u think the milage is bad now just wait til u get a 3s,then u know the meaning of bad gas milage smile.gif
d3vil_celica
lol really damn i htink i should fix my turbo the car has really highs miles on it tho like around 160k
96bluevert
Like others have said, if it's not a hard fix..Fix it!..Otherwise, you could look into a 4age swap.
95st-celica
everyone is bashin the 3s swap...damn!! lol..its really not that hard...drill one hole and your done...part out that crappy 7afte and you have most of the 3s swap paid for with a lot more potential...i'll be the first to tell you that if its a matter of tightining up a coulpler to make the 7afte run then by all means do that!! but i personally would part her out/save up and do a 3s swap if your looking for serisous/reliable power...you cant beat a 7afte the same way you can with a 3s and expect it to get you from point a-b everytime
celicast3sgte
you really cant BEAT the 3sgte either.. their weak point is in the pistons. but yes it can put out much more power while being reliable.
GriffGirl
QUOTE (d3vil_celica @ Jul 1, 2008 - 5:43 PM) *
lol really damn i htink i should fix my turbo the car has really highs miles on it tho like around 160k

160k? You're just breaking it in. That's not "really high miles" unless it's 160k on a Ford or a Chevy. laugh.gif
D-Man
x2 on that. Just treat that engine good and it'll take care of you. biggrin.gif We've got people here over 300,000 miles as a Daily Driver laugh.gif
FunkySR
I have a 7AFTE with T25 and FMIC with 170k miles on the clock. I run it on 99RON fuel. UK £1.30 per litre. :S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.