Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: led tail lights
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Exterior Styling
Pages: 1, 2
TJH4EVA
im lookind to get led tail light bulbs instead of the regular bulbs from v-leds.com. i am planning on tinting m tail lights and i was told that it ould be ok if my lights are bright enough. my questionn which would be the best way to go? would white leds show the color of the lens throught the tint or should i use led bulbs with the same color as the light required such as red led bulbs for brake and tail white for reverse and amber for the turns. which one would ne brighter
manphibian
I've tried a few LED bulbs.

NONE of them were really bright enough. Always ended up putting the original bulbs back in, it's just not the right kind of light kindasad.gif

Plus if you put LED's in the turn signals, the car thinks they have blown so they flash at double speed.
wolfie308
QUOTE (manphibian @ Jul 2, 2008 - 8:20 AM) *
I've tried a few LED bulbs.

NONE of them were really bright enough. Always ended up putting the original bulbs back in, it's just not the right kind of light kindasad.gif

Plus if you put LED's in the turn signals, the car thinks they have blown so they flash at double speed.

The Man's right you know smile.gif . As you can imagine, I've tried loads of combinations of different multi cluster LED's and they're all generally inferior because....

1) LED's are inherently directional - the intensity drops off dramatically as you increase the viewing angle, whereas a filament bulb is the same intensity from any angle.

2) The original housing and lens pattern were designed for the type of light produced by a filament bulb.

An alternative might be to strip the unit(not easy) and fit some custom multi LED panels. Culpable04 made some for his and I think he was looking to get them produced if there was sufficient interest.

p.s... I believe you can change the flasher relay to an electronic type which gets over the double flash speed if you must use them for turns

celica7389

LED tail?
Badkarma
not gonna lie, i like the look of the JDM tails, with those leds.

Erich
vincent_doggy
Find this

whatthe
QUOTE (celica7389 @ Aug 31, 2008 - 12:21 AM) *

LED tail?

wow thats such a terminator look, even with the celica logo being that font XD
95st-celica
QUOTE (vincent_doggy @ Aug 31, 2008 - 12:39 AM) *
Find this

can i buy them off you??
GRAMAN
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f65198294

this?
95st-celica
i want them tail lights but cant read that
snakeloa
They both look very interesting. Who makes them? As i understand they are selfmade JDM projrcts. Right?

How would it look if you make 2 LED circles instead of one circle + a line
..............................................I O O______O O I........................I O -_______- O I
malpaso
damn this is looking good...
Random_Stranger
I like what I see fellas......... Those with the circle though would look better with two circles, at least I think so. When they make those, let me know.
richee3
QUOTE (95st-celica @ Aug 31, 2008 - 3:51 AM) *
i want them tail lights but cant read that

Here is a translation of the website with the auction for the LED lights with the circle.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate
FreddyTheOthaMeat
QUOTE (celica7389 @ Aug 30, 2008 - 10:21 PM) *

LED tail?

Someone get some of these state side! Even my wife says i should get em lol
snakeloa
Ok does anybody knows (maybe celica 7389) who made these? Are they of the same "producer"? I would be interested in having a set with two circles in each tail light.

2nd question:
The one with the stripes (just above my post) semms to have a flat lense inside. I want to say that it has an even surface on the inside of the lense. The other one has sqaures. What do you see / think?

cheers Joerg
frisp

I do love these on mine biggrin.gif
bccentaur3
IMO its too futuristic on the 6th gen. I like the jdm tails as is.
garin
i smoked my tails, brake light, sides, and turn signals. they are all completely black. i just have the stock bulbs. it is still bight. the corners are cool because to amber still reflects. go for it it looks good. i haven't had any problems with cops yet. i'm also tinting my windows soon. btw another nice modification is changing the license plate light to white LED. i used three LED's in place of each bulb. with the smoked lights it looks pretty sick at night.
mitchy
QUOTE (frisp @ Sep 2, 2008 - 4:11 AM) *

some body needs to produc something like this, wud be way cool
95GTCelica

Dont know if anyone noticed but these lights are on the same celica as these photochopped lights from an earlier thread.
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...ailights%20body

Same guy in Japan who sells them? Or maybe something a little fishy? Just a heads up.
Taskbot
How hard do you think it would be to retrofit an LED array into my existing taillights, because if its pretty easy I could start making these wink.gif
Photoguy1313
Find this

now that i like...were do i get a set like that...or how do i make it....lol
Photoguy1313
QUOTE (mitchy @ Sep 2, 2008 - 1:20 AM) *
QUOTE (frisp @ Sep 2, 2008 - 4:11 AM) *

some body needs to produc something like this, wud be way cool

love the look how much were they...
frisp
Another lot on Yahoo Japan auctions at the moment. 30,000 Yen + fee + postage.

I bought a load of other stuff at the same time, so the postage didn't hurt too much tongue.gif

I also rewired the RH tail to incorporate a fog light in place of the reversing light to comply with UK law.
joehernandez
QUOTE (malpaso @ Sep 1, 2008 - 4:09 AM) *
damn this is looking good...

damn yeah it is!!
they would look killer on my ride!!!!!!
azian_advanced
this one i particulary like...

but doesn't look so good in the day.

joehernandez
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Sep 6, 2008 - 5:20 PM) *
this one i particulary like...

but doesn't look so good in the day.

i agree with you,,,
on the day it looks,, really bad,,, probably its only a night car laugh.gif
mitchy
id still have that "night car" one, its something different. and you could maybe even paint the black part the same colour as ur car
snakeloa
I think if the clear lense would be a little tinted and if the Led Clusters would be without the metal ring around them then it would look like hell.

and you would kill for it smile.gif

well i would

Who made them???
Jörch
whatthe
Or something like this,

Slick
QUOTE (whatthe @ Sep 15, 2009 - 5:07 PM) *
Or something like this,

Now these i like!

Ok, who's making these, hmm? biggrin.gif
94celi757
Yeah those are bad ass, def want a set of those.
mmmchocolate
i believe those would look great
kagemidnight
if anyone finds out how to get a pair of those please let me know!!!
freddy121389
Find this

They look like they're winking at me
richee3
You know, looking at this thread again.. I used to love these lights. Now, I think I don't want them at all. i still want some LED's, but.. I want even rows and columns of LED's instead of circles. More of an OEM look. Take a look at any new car with LED tail lights- they are all arranged perfectly. This is just a circle in the middle of a square hole. I'll see if I can't find something like what I am looking for.
Culpable04
maybe something like this ?

LEFT with LEDs, Right with regular bulb
Slick
QUOTE (Culpable04 @ Sep 17, 2009 - 6:47 PM) *
maybe something like this ?

LEFT with LEDs, Right with regular bulb

Closer, please! biggrin.gif
richee3
Yes, EXACTLY like that!
trdproven
looks good but the problem is in the inner brake light, why is there a horizontal line going across?

looks good but the problem is in the inner brake light, why is there a horizontal line going across? the oem is two squares so why cant the LEDs be two circles?
richee3
I figured that had something to do with the reflectors being in the bottom half of the lights where the single line is. It might look kinda funny if half of your circle of LED's is fine and the other half is kinda distorted. But either way, I like what Culp posted up a LOT better than the ones with the circles.
Culpable04
the brake lights have a reflective area, that's for safety, in case your car is off, and someone is driving toward it from behind, the other cars light should reflect thus alerting the driver.

if you look at the picture, I took it with the flash on, so what you see is a reflection of the flash of the camera.

burialc2

spy00005
QUOTE (burialc2 @ Oct 6, 2009 - 10:24 AM) *

^^^ where can i get and how much?
trdproven
^ thats the nicest mod ive seen for the tails, looks legit. But yes thats exactly the problem with the reflectors, thats why I stated I dont like the line going across it ruins the whole effect unless you can pull it off like the one above. who modded that anyways?
razor7
Yeah,
but he also killed it with that orange box.... Get rid of that, and I'd take a set.

-TC
MrAyasli
QUOTE (spy00005 @ Oct 7, 2009 - 7:22 PM) *
QUOTE (burialc2 @ Oct 6, 2009 - 10:24 AM) *

^^^ where can i get and how much?

x2

They look sick.

So you cannot change regular JDM tails with LED's?
spy00005
i have jdm tails what i wanted is those led rings not to buy whole taillight set just the led's so i wanna know where to buy those leds. and i wanna know how he got rid of didviding line that makes it look bad. i didn't think he redid the whole light housing untill much later. they look real original at the same time real oem look.
CelicaGTSboy23
i want a set of those. full assembly. Those are sick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.