Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny problems
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
02bluerolla
Well i got my car runninh but now i have tranny issues. well it turns out that the gears wont go in when the car is on but when the car is jakced up the gear would going in smothly ( car is on also). do i need a new tranny ? i have 3sgte with a gt tranny , and compettion clutch stage 2 .
lagos
you have a clutch related problem, probably from improper install.
bccentaur3
Either that or you decided to use the gt-four shifter fork with the 3s throw out bearing on your s54 trans. Can you hear a loud bearing noise when you turn the car on? It will sound like a roller skate going really really fast. If this is the case drop your tranny and use the s54 shifter fork. I think you can keep the throw out bearing because the 3s and 5s have the same throw out bearings just different clips holding onto the fork. Well thats from what I was told.
02bluerolla
QUOTE (lagos @ Jul 8, 2008 - 1:49 PM) *
you have a clutch related problem, probably from improper install.

i dropped down the tranny twice and double cheked the clutch i even had a mechanic to check out.

QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jul 8, 2008 - 3:31 PM) *
Either that or you decided to use the gt-four shifter fork with the 3s throw out bearing on your s54 trans. Can you hear a loud bearing noise when you turn the car on? It will sound like a roller skate going really really fast. If this is the case drop your tranny and use the s54 shifter fork. I think you can keep the throw out bearing because the 3s and 5s have the same throw out bearings just different clips holding onto the fork. Well thats from what I was told.

yeah i was first using the 5s fork then switch the fork to 3s then back to 5s and still the gears wont go in
bccentaur3
What throw out bearing are you using?
02bluerolla
QUOTE (bccentaur3 @ Jul 8, 2008 - 9:51 PM) *
What throw out bearing are you using?

5sfe
02bluerolla
"Custom clutch using 3SGTE clutch plate and pressure plate with S-series hub" this is what i order from dr tweak when i order the clutch

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...p;hl=clutch+kit
bccentaur3
I ordered from doc too, but I opt to go with the stage 4. Its amazing btw. So you are using the 5s throw out bearing and the 5s fork? Btw the alignment tool they gave me was for a 3s, maybe you messed up by using that. I had to go out and buy the 5s aligment tool before I torqued everything down. Maybe Lagos is right, you messed up.
02bluerolla
yeah iam using the 5s throw out bearing and the fork. but how do i tell the difrence bewteen the 5s aligment tool and the 3s alingmet tool?
bccentaur3
QUOTE (02bluerolla @ Jul 9, 2008 - 3:21 PM) *
yeah iam using the 5s throw out bearing and the fork. but how do i tell the difrence bewteen the 5s aligment tool and the 3s alingmet tool?

When you stick it in, it should fit snug not loose. With the combo you went with by using the 5s alignment tool it should fit snug. The 3s aligment tool has a small diameter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.