Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '94 celica GT-S, heavy??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
AE101
I'm in the process of buying a '94 GT-S and was wondering how heavy this car is? It's a fully loaded 5spd.

With the 5SFE, it should pull along nice if it isn't too heavy, but I'm just wondering how heavy it actually is.

Thanks guys,

Andre

Matthew
if its a GT Liftback and a 5 spd

its 2,580 lbs.

Junior
I think its actually the lightest of the celicas
SpedToe169
The lightest??? Not by a longshot. The lightest 6th gen is the ST Coupe weighing in at somewhere around 2480 in stock trim. My car is an ST liftback and after some weight reduction it weighs 2450 with 3/4 tank of gas in it. The GT/GT-S is the heaviest 6th gen, not the lightest.
Matthew
here are the weights:

Model Tranny Weight (lbs.)
ST Coupe Auto 2,475
ST Coupe Manual 2,395
GT Coupe Auto 2,620
GT Coupe Manual 2,560
GT Convertible Auto 2,858
GT Convertible Manual 2,798
ST Hatchback Auto 2,495
ST Hatchback Manual 2,415
GT Hatchback Auto 2,640
GT Hatchback Manual 2, 580
FallenHero
You know, I would think the auto would be lighter than the manual...

Jon
AE101
thanks guys.

yeah thats pretty heavy.. or at least heavier than I'm used to.

This guy is asking $7000 obo for his 94 GT-S.

everythign works except the ABS, but there is over 250 000km on the car, and it's been winter driven, and is starting to see some rust on the fenders.

I was thinking of offering him 5g's..
SpedToe169
I think those weights are a little on the optomistic side, but the trend is definitely correct. The autos aren't necessarily heavier, so don't always count on that. The coupe is always lighter than the hatch. The ST is always lighter than the GT due to the option packages. The weights listed above are likely without any fluids (oil, water, ps fluid, washer fluid, fuel, etc.) thus they're not realistic real world numbers, but as I stated above, the trend should be correct.
Matthew
well they are for the 1996 models.

and thats what curb weight means. no fluids in the car. otherwise known as dry weight

http://celica.henryvo.com/6g.html

there is a link since you think I am wrong.
SpedToe169
I dont think you're wrong at all, I just don't want everybody to think that the celi sitting in their driveway weighs 2300lbs, because it doesn't.

Also, you have to be careful quoting published curb weights because there is no consistent system for them. Sometimes they're dry weights, sometimes not.
Matthew
oh sorry about that man.

as you can see it was like almost 5 o clock in the am when i posted that so i was probably a little cranky.

i would say with full fluids and the drivers big ass a GT Hatch Manual a GT Hatch Manual tranny coming from 2580 then add 160 lbs. for the person (give or take) then another 70 pounds for all the fluids, full gas, full oil, windshield washer, etc. would be closer to 2800 lbs.

thats still not that bad though because most cars in the celicas class the curb weight for those is like 2800-3000 pounds.
AE101
i would say with full fluids and the drivers big ass a GT Hatch Manual a GT Hatch Manual tranny coming from 2580 then add 160 lbs. for the person (give or take) then another 70 pounds for all the fluids, full gas, full oil, windshield washer, etc. would be closer to 2800 lbs.

Holy FAT!! confused.gif

I'm used to my Corolla! (light as hell with no power!)

as long as it's faster than my Corolla I'll be happy! biggrin.gif

not that it's that hard to beat...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.