Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will a gen 3 3sgte fit with my stock hood?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
xnightsmokex
i have a VIS hood its the same as the stock one just cf....i was wondering if im going to have any clearance problems with the hood...im going to use a fmic instead of the top mount....will i have any problems?....i know this may be a dumb question but im still a little inexperienced
bccentaur3
If you are going FMIC, then it will fit no problem.
JDM_Factory
yes it will fit, just remove the tmic and make it a fmic. It's more efficient for cool air to go through, if you don't have a hood vent.
azian_advanced
should be fine
lubu
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Jul 12, 2008 - 11:07 AM) *
should be fine

Yep, even with the the stock hood.
azian_advanced
^maybe for a 2nd gen, but with a 3rd gen the stock hood won't clear it.
GTSOwner
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Jul 12, 2008 - 1:41 PM) *
^maybe for a 2nd gen, but with a 3rd gen the stock hood won't clear it.

If he goes with a FMIC, I don't see the difference kindasad.gif
azian_advanced
my bad.. i meant to state that the 2nd gen 3sgte with the a2a top mount will clear but the 3rd gen 3sgte with the w2a top mount will not...
but shouldn't be a problem either way with a fmic setup
mr2twint
it'll fit. My friend has a 3rd gen in his 6th gen celica with a a2w ic.... Even a 2nd gen motor with a a2w ic will fit!!!
lubu
QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Jul 14, 2008 - 8:08 AM) *
my bad.. i meant to state that the 2nd gen 3sgte with the a2a top mount will clear but the 3rd gen 3sgte with the w2a top mount will not...
but shouldn't be a problem either way with a fmic setup

Actually the 3rd gen with W2A will clear here the link

PS: the guy edited all his posts but do read the second post (by goferris).
azian_advanced
your're right, i did a bit of searching as well and Silver94CelicaOwner has the stock hood with 3rd gen 3s with w2a top ic.
hmm. and i was sure i heard someone say they had to convert to a gt-four hood or fmic because it wouldn't fit or it was hitting the hood...
RUNNIN-LOW
yeah the 3rd gen with a2w intercoler works..it rubs alittle thats all but no biggy at all..i had the set up for like a year now and its fine..but now i have the front mount set up and it works way better.
xnightsmokex
yeah i figured so...i was gonna take off the tmic and put a fmic anyways...thanks for the help...i didnt want mess up with something so simple
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.