Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removeing charge cooler
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
darranst205
hey has anyone here removed the charge cooler off a st205 (3s-gte)for a fmic if so how do u bypass the ecu fault code to stop it cutting to safe home mode can u trick the ecu into thanking the charge cooler is still there
WannabeGT4
WannabeGT4
If you have a basic understanding of wiring schematics that should be pretty easy to figure out. Basically there's a relay triggered by the INT signal of the ECU to send a signal to the M+, M-, and MTT pins of the ECU through a pair of 1k resistors. E represents the ECU's ground. Let me know if you need more help, I came up with this a year or two ago and it's been confirmed working by Urbandork and someone else on alltrac.net but I can't remember their name.
phattyduck
Since you already have everything there in your car, you can just replace the pump itself with a 1/2 watt or 1 watt 1k ohm resistor. The other parts shown in the schematic above are already in place in your car...

-Charlie
WannabeGT4
Actually you'll need a pair of 1k resistors wired like this:

I always assume it's a swap... I forget people are actually lucky enough to own a real ST205... jealous.
darranst205
QUOTE (WannabeGT4 @ Jul 14, 2008 - 7:59 PM) *
Actually you'll need a pair of 1k resistors wired like this:

I always assume it's a swap... I forget people are actually lucky enough to own a real ST205... jealous.

ur a life saver thank u so much
WannabeGT4
QUOTE (Batman722 @ Jul 22, 2008 - 2:13 PM) *

Thanks DarkKnight wink.gif I couldn't find the site so I just posted the image I had saved on my comp. Credit where credit is due.

http://www.gt4dc.co.uk/info/howto/205_fmic...mic_code_54.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.