Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo probelm on 5sfte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
xxFROZENxx
hey guys i took my car out for a drive running boost 8-9psi.. my first gear was fine all the way to 6k. then when i changed into 2nd gear it got bog out at 5k and continued to 6k? then after on 3rd gear i notice in my boost guage i didnt make any more boost it felt slower that when the car was still NA.. all i had was -boost couldn't even pass or get to 1 psi... so stop the car turn off engine... and checked for any vacuum or piping leaks and didnt seem to find any.. then i took of the air filter and turn the engine on. the turbine wasn't spinning any more, but i can free spin with my fingers? is my turbo gone? i thouhgt when the turbo goes it makes a supersonic sound..

i ask one of my friend... he said that it could of been my boost gauge vacuum line that was leaking or could of been damage.. because when his vacuum line going into the boost gauge was damage.. his boost gauge did make any boost as well.. when he replace it it work fine again.... helps kindasad.gif frown.gif
lubu
QUOTE (xxFROZENxx @ Jul 14, 2008 - 9:55 PM) *
hey guys i took my car out for a drive running boost 8-9psi.. my first gear was fine all the way to 6k. then when i changed into 2nd gear it got bog out at 5k and continued to 6k? then after on 3rd gear i notice in my boost guage i didnt make any more boost it felt slower that when the car was still NA.. all i had was -boost couldn't even pass or get to 1 psi... so stop the car turn off engine... and checked for any vacuum or piping leaks and didnt seem to find any.. then i took of the air filter and turn the engine on. the turbine wasn't spinning any more, but i can free spin with my fingers? is my turbo gone? i thouhgt when the turbo goes it makes a supersonic sound..

i ask one of my friend... he said that it could of been my boost gauge vacuum line that was leaking or could of been damage.. because when his vacuum line going into the boost gauge was damage.. his boost gauge did make any boost as well.. when he replace it it work fine again.... helps kindasad.gif frown.gif

I'd check the exhaust side of the turbine, maybe the wheel on that side snapped off thats why it isnt rotating???
supershannon77
I thought my turbo was blown twice once it was just the intercooler piping came undone the second time it was the distributor maybe it could be one of these?
xxFROZENxx
QUOTE (supershannon77 @ Jul 14, 2008 - 9:50 PM) *
I thought my turbo was blown twice once it was just the intercooler piping came undone the second time it was the distributor maybe it could be one of these?

the distributor? in what ways can a distributor become damage or lose?

but the thing is that the fans not spinning anymore when the engine is on. i think its got to be the exhaust side of the turbine thats broken or some thing.
presure2
your turbine is broken.
Smaay
yeah, if the engine is running and the compressor blades are not turning, its shot. you are a brave soul sticking your hand in there while the engine is running.
supershannon77
I was just letting u no what the outcome of my problems where when I thought the turbo might have been blown on my car...good luck.
xxFROZENxx
yeah it think turbos gone.. well need to buy another one then.. thanks guys...

one more thing... 2 weeks down the track when installed turbo... now my brakes or cv joins are cracking or sound broken when i turn my steering.. i took both dive shaft in and out.. pumped brake pressure n then tighten up the brake, driver shaft bolts and nuts.. took it for a little drive and it was fine... then went for second and it make that clicking, breaking and cracking noise again... what do you guys think that is causing this? can it be the wheel bearing? brakes or drive shafts?
frisp
Is the noise only when turning? Is so CV joints are probably shot.
OOBE
Nice. Your car has the same problem mine has: bad luck bug, baby. laugh.gif
xxFROZENxx
damit frown.gif how did you fix it?
lubu
QUOTE (xxFROZENxx @ Jul 16, 2008 - 7:57 PM) *
damit frown.gif how did you fix it?

Replace it.
xxFROZENxx
what do i replace?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.