Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can somebody help me??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
celi94
I think this is the best place 2 post this question:

I gonna do a engine swap and i do not wont it to be a turbo engine, so because i'm doing the swamp myselve (and i d'ont know **** about engines) i'm planning for a 3s-ge (2000cc 16v) engine.

The positive side that i have is that i live in europe and that the 3s-ge engine is good to find here...

and i need a:

gearbox from a gt (3s-ge)
a stronger oilpump
other engine mounts

Now what i dont know is what i need more to do the swamp???

do i need:

other ecu??
other springs and shocks??
other breaks??

Please help!!
95ST
deffinatly ECU suspension shouldnt be a problem, but compair the wieght differences of the engines, if the 3sge is heavier then you might want slightly stiffer springs to balance it out.
celi94
thanx,

and what about the wiring????
95ST
wiring will be essentially the same as anyother swap. Anything that goes directly from the engine to the cpu is fine, anything that goes from the cpu to anything else in the car you will have to work the new stuff into the existing stuff, ie you need to rewire you dash.
Coomer
Don't forget about shift linkage cables from a GT as well. Your stock ones for the 7A-FE will be too short. And isn't the oil pump already built into the new engine you're getting?
celi94
I dont know smile.gif

I'm stupid wen it come 2 engines, but i'm learning...

I know somebody that builts gt-4 for rally and he told me to get the:
- engine
- gearbox
- ecu
- stiffer springs
- GT breaks
- other motor mounts
- and the rest i forgot, so...

All the pieces and 2 do the swap he would charge me: 3300 euro
(he told me that i may keep the parts that he changed, like the engine, gearbox, exc...)

What would you think???

ps: thanx for the reply's everybody
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.