Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question about 3sgte exhuast
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
02bluerolla
well tomorrow iam ghetting my 2.75 inch exhaust done and was wondering will this silence the turbo? i have completly stock engine theres no modification done to it. the reason why i am asking is cause iam running open downpipe and its loud .
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE (02bluerolla @ Jul 21, 2008 - 1:22 AM) *
well tomorrow iam ghetting my 2.75 inch exhaust done and was wondering will this silence the turbo? i have completly stock engine theres no modification done to it. the reason why i am asking is cause iam running open downpipe and its loud .

Will the exhaust quiet down your car which is currently running on an open downpipe?

Yes.
02bluerolla
i don know how explain it but i dont want peopl to know am turbo lol will the exhuast help or make it more obvious?
Dr_Tweak
It will make it less obvious that you have a turbo. I would run a resonator and muffler as well.

You don't need to explain, I understand smile.gif

-Doc
TRDGT4
don't run a external or bov(unless you would rather have a plumb back type) and then no one will know wink.gif
MrBubbles
i'm using a stock BOV off a 91 talon i had in my garage and its nice and quite.
i just cant afford a HKS right now.... frown.gif
darthripley
i'm suprised you can still hear after running an open downpipe.

edited b/c i couldn't read the original posts due to poor spelling & grammar, sorry.
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE (darthripley @ Jul 22, 2008 - 4:59 AM) *
i'm suprised you can still hear after running an open downpipe.

edited b/c i couldn't read the original posts due to poor spelling & grammar, sorry.

Actually the 3SGTE is pretty quiet running off the downpipe. The turbo quiets it down a lot.

-Doc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.