Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 94 st auto pre-3sgte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
jawdroppingkid
ok, i am a young enthusiast 17, i have a 94 celica st (auto). currently i am saving to have my swap done waiting for my current engine to give out. haha. i would like a list of things that i can purchase and do to my car to prepare it for my 3sgte swap. i l ive in cali so smog is a BIG issue. thank you in advance for the help! biggrin.gif
bccentaur3
you cant really do much. You'll need new mounts, shifter cables, trans. But all that for the 3s. Nothing from your car will transfer over. So just save up.
97Celica
get used to paying someone to pass your inspection.
Taskbot
Buy a 4A-GZE, rebuild it, and scrap the supercharger for a turbo.

It will cost a hell of a lot less than converting your entire car to fit a S series engine.
d3vil_celica
yea i think you should do a 4agze i am getting a 4agze swap next week so ill tell you how the car runs i hope it will be fast
Taskbot
Excellent. I'd like to hear how that goes. I'm in line for a 4A eventually and I am torn between the 20V and the GZE. I kind of wanted to keep my car N/A but the more I think about the supercharger the easier it sounds to actually do it. I could just see if I can find one at a junker and just spend the winter rebuilding it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.