Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: boosted 5sfe problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
MrBubbles
sup people i just got done boosting my 5sfe, i replaced the rods and pistons w/ afteramrket parts and it's built to handle the turbo. i'm having trouble keeping my head gasket from leaking. i've replaced it twice and its getting annoying. can anyone point me to a head gasket thats better then stock... i cant find any aftermarket ones for turbo....
rjbibeau
did you get your head machined so it's flat?
Batman722
is an OEM metal head gasket ?
MrBubbles
yea everything was done right with the head and the block. i just cant find a head gasket made for boosted 5sfe. Only aftermarket one i could find was a metal one.
Batman722
are you using a metal headgasket ? or an aftermarket one ?

toyota makes a mhg for the 98-99 5sfe. that's your best choice.
MrBubbles
on my 3rd oem metal head gasket.
jcaron9gt4
your head is probably warped. An oem metal headgasket should not leak like that. Did you have your head resurfaced while you were getting work done?
Dr_Tweak
Yeah definitely sounds like there's a problem with the head or the block not being perfectly flat, or the head is not being installed correctly. The stock head gasket should hold up no problem, that's not really a big problem spot on those engines.

That said, if you're running extremely high boost and you're still loosing the head gasket, you could o-ring the block.

-Doc
MrBubbles
frown.gif yea..... the shop ****ed up the head on it... wasnt assembled right (which they told me it was ready and done), and it was warped a bit (their fault) they took it apart today and they where shocked to see how bad it was. least their putting a new head on it for free.... so they say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.